Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I was so fully on the Nakamura boat by that point that I let my guard down and didn't get too annoyed with that one.

Usually though, yeah, shut the shit up.

I'm with you on that one, but I think the big difference there is that I felt like those fans were chanting that just because they were super into the action in the ring, totally enthralled by the match, rather than just thinking of something to shout to try to get themselves over.

• Paid Members

What's with the counting thing anyway? Annoyed the shit out of me.

It was a PROGRESS Wrestling thing in London originally, mainly as a rib on referee Chris Roberts to mess up his count. It spread to other London promotions like RevPro and accordingly, due to the number of vocal 'indie' fans in attendance, ended up on the NXT Takeover London show too.

I guess it ended up on Takeover Dallas due to the number of Europeans there, many of whom would also have been at (or watched and were desperate to emulate) the London show.

I can't stand "Fight Forever" or "BOTH THESE GUYS"-type chants, since they are comments on the match and/or the wrestlers as nothing more than the quality of the performance. That's not how wrestling works - you're there to play along and have fun. You don't cheer the baddie at the pantomime just because he's a good actor.

• Paid Members

Yeah that match was absolutely incredible. I think I preferred it to Nakamura/Zayn but I wouldn't argue too hard, both were great. From what I saw Ospreay/Ricochet was of a similair quality but I missed some of that messing about the stream.

I had wanted to watch all the Evolve/WWN stuff over Mania weekend but the streaming issues really put a damper on things. Still waiting for Evolve 59 to go up on the website.

Edited by Benno

• Paid Members

At one of the shows this weekend (I forget which) I recall the crowd chanting 'we are idiots' while Jericho was cutting a promo. I've never heard a more fitting chant.

Also the tedious 'this is awesome' chants that happen 15 times a night, sometimes a minute or two into a match are the worst.

• Paid Members

Also the tedious 'this is awesome' chants that happen 15 times a night, sometimes a minute or two into a match are the worst.

It's the ones that happen at the start of a match, before anything has happened, that really grinds my gears.