Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

They used to call the Samoan drop the fallaway slam (or reverse fallaway slam, I can never remember which one is the reverse one) when Tatanka did it. Was it called a Samoan drop before that but they thought it'd be confusing to have the Injun doing that, or did it only get called the Samoan drop later on?

Fallaway slam is the move Razor Ramon used to do. Holds the opponent horizontally in front of him then throws then falls back and throws them over his head.

Hahah the video i have is probably 4th/5th generation copy so i didn't notice, but i will have to go back and take a look now.... Also His finisher was a samoan-drop which they called the 'write-off', rather than the clothesline he later used

Dammit, I wanna see that. Love watching debut matches and how guys get over on first impression. And yeah, Irwin used that same move as the Stock Market Crash in WCW, but similarly, my youth has me remembering them calling Tatanka's Samoan Drop the Fallaway Slam more than anything else. Shortly before Heenan tagged it the Papoose To Go, that is.

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

Been watching nitro from 95 and think it's a really good show for 1hr, but the Halloween havoc ppv with Giant falling off the roof and then wrestling 30secs later is abysmal.

Then on nitro he has the belt which the announcer said can't change hands beachside of his dq win, but he's defending it anyway. Such crap around the whole duneon and hogan feud. Outside of that though everything else is decent.

I also had no idea though at starrcade 94 hogan wrestled beefcake on the main event of their biggest show of the year :(

• Paid Members

If Hogan had fought a freshly turned heel Beefcake about five years before, it probably would have popped a good buyrate, IMO. I totally could see it being the main event of Wrestlemania 6, if Warrior didn't want to do it.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

I just want Eric to be part of the family. Watching the old roundtables, I'm always upset he went to TNA when he did. Always a worthy contributor as a talking head. Lots of their productions would have been better with Eric's input. But then, I want everyone to come home. Kurt, for instance.

See, I'm the exact opposite. First thing I thought afterwards was how I'd love to see him join Global Force or something and stick it to Vince again (like that will ever happen I know).

• Paid Members

Is there anyone in wrestling more likeable and laid back than The Godfather? Just been watching his old RF shoot interview and he seems like such a happy and fun bloke. I'm not surprised when he says he never had any problems with anyone in the business because a) he looks pretty badass and b) he seems almost impossible to dislike. The only person he's had anything negative to say about so far has been Tiger Ali Singh, and even then he wasn't a dick about it.

Edit - he's not keen on Johnny Ace and Stevie Richards either.

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members
See, I'm the exact opposite. First thing I thought afterwards was how I'd love to see him join Global Force or something and stick it to Vince again (like that will ever happen I know).

It's just pure selfishness, to be honest. While a viable and successful #2 would be great for the business, I've just seen so many features and DVDs where I've thought "Shit, I wish Bischoff or Hogan or Flair or Angle or whoever would have had an input there" whenever someone's been persona non grata or mincing around with TNA. WWE's always going to be there and always going to be knocking out stuff worth watching, and I just wish that everyone that COULD augment their product was doing so.

Plus, these days I can only half-arse interest in one American company, so I'd take "Bobby Roode shows up on Raw" or "Austin Aries announced for Takeover" over "Impact suddenly becomes brilliant" to be blunt.

Edited by air_raid

Is there anyone in wrestling more likeable and laid back than The Godfather? Just been watching his old RF shoot interview and he seems like such a happy and fun bloke. I'm not surprised when he says he never had any problems with anyone in the business because a) he looks pretty badass and b) he seems almost impossible to dislike. The only person he's had anything negative to say about so far has been Tiger Ali Singh, and even then he wasn't a dick about it.

At London Wrestlecon his good humour and attitude was infectious. Seemed a great guy.

• Paid Members

Shawn Michaels is fucking lit at WrestleMania 15. I was watching it earlier, and he has no fucking clue what's going on. Its like Hogan when he was the GM in TNA. Vince at one point turns his back to the camera and has a word. I always heard Vince was fuming with it, but havent watched it in years and never got why until now. First Michaels says "I had to get a ticket to get in this place", even though he's the Commissioner and gets to overrule McMahon. Then he seems to totally forget to say why he can overrule Vince on appointing a referee for the main event. If you remember back then he'd always give the reason as to why he could make certain decisions Vince couldnt, but here he just doesn't give a reason. And then he ends the promo and tells Vince to leave. Vince says something under his breath seems to remind him to announce that he is banning the Corporation from ringside. Which Michaels then does, but bans Vince as well (even though Vince has to do a run in for the Mankind save). He then goes "well maybe I'll let you run in" or something. Its a right mess.

Also he's wearing Liverpool's FA Cup final suit from 1996.

I've met him twice and he's a great bloke. He spent the weekend at PCW calling me "Brian" any time our paths crossed, as i reminded him of Brian "Crush" Adams. Then at LWC him and Nation debated me looking like a blazer during the photo shoot. And we had a good laugh at the signing table. I'd taken a pic of me, him and the hos from PCW down to be signed, and he took great delight in pulling Ron over to show him. One of the best i've had the privilege to meet. Just so down to earth, likeable, and genuine.

On earlier tattoo chat. I've never been interested in getting one in my life but for some reason now really tempted to get  a lil "WHAT A MANOEUVRE!" tucked away somewhere