Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Not sure if this is the right place but @SabotageTimes have tweeted about looking for budding wrestling writers. It's a pretty decent site with 25k followerd and I reckon one or two of the lads here (*Cough Ian/Astro Cough*) would be great at it if they felt that way inclined. Get in touch with @SamDiss.

• Paid Members

Just been reminded that Shawn Michaels was meant to wrestle HHH at WM17. Can you imagine that show if you took the pretty good HHH-Taker and replaced it with the great Michaels-HHH from SummerSlam 2002?

Not sure what you'd have done with Taker though.

• Paid Members

I dont think he was supposed to wrestle at Mania. If I recall he was meant to referee the Undertaker vs Triple H match and then work Backlash against Triple H. Raw magazine even did an article on Michaels return. Shawn actually showed up to an episode of Raw or Smackdown to do the angle to get him in the match as the referee, but was sent home.

I could be wrong here, but I was always under the impression Michaels was set to return at Backlash. Another one is that Hulk Hogan was initially penned in to wrestle Triple H at WrestleMania from the earlier plans. They knew whether WCW went under or not that Hogan was free from March 2001 onwards. I'm surprised Hogan didn't bite the bullet there. It made sense to get him in for the Invasion storyline.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I have been thinking about the post WM landscape in WWE and with Sting rumored to be coming in as GM and the Shield probably breaking up there is room for a new heel stable. So I thought a neat nod to the past would be a new Dangerous Alliance led by Heyman.

He could have a newly turned heel Batista, Dean Ambrose and a tag team. He could also bring Lesnar in for Summerslam tease tension between Lesnar and Batista and lead on to a match at WM31 between Batista and Lesnar. Also a group led by Heyman would be good opposition for Reigns and Bryan post WM.

• Paid Members

Personally don't think it's a good idea. I like the idea of a Heyman-led stable, but it's not the right time. There's already a heel stable in the Wyatt Family; apart from Reigns becoming popular, I think that's probably one of the main reasons why they're splitting The Shield - they can't have too much overlap. Furthermore, the Wyatt Family is still on the up; bring in the more main-event stable that Heyman would have to have, and it would only damage the Wyatt's momentum. It really is best to keep it simple right now.

Would be good putting Cesaro with Heyman but I think the whole Curtis Axel experiment has diluted the whole "Paul Heyman Guy" gimmick.

Zeb's great but he's too comedy for where Cesaro needs to be and he does need some help getting to the top and staying there because his own mic work isn't up to much.

I've not watched for the whole of The Shield era, but is there a reason they will split? Should they not stay an a DX/nWo style loose alliance?

To be honest, I'm not exactly sure what their raison d'etre is anyway, from the matches I've seen... do they have a backstory?

• Paid Members
Would be good putting Cesaro with Heyman but I think the whole Curtis Axel experiment has diluted the whole "Paul Heyman Guy" gimmick.

Zeb's great but he's too comedy for where Cesaro needs to be and he does need some help getting to the top and staying there because his own mic work isn't up to much.

Normally I'm completely against guys using their indie gimmicks in WWE, but having Cesaro re-create his "unscrupulous Swiss businessman" gimmick from $wi$$ Money Holdings might be an idea if they were indeed to have him drop Zeb. Have him turn on him, then have Heyman explain that Cesaro is from a country that knows money and business, and so he decided to drop that obsolete redneck, etc., for a proper agent who can get him to the top and make him a load of money.

• Paid Members
I've not watched for the whole of The Shield era, but is there a reason they will split? Should they not stay an a DX/nWo style loose alliance?

To be honest, I'm not exactly sure what their raison d'etre is anyway, from the matches I've seen... do they have a backstory?

They are basically mercenaries. They pretend they are in it for justice, even though they can be bought to do others dirty work (Heyman/ Punk and The Authority did so).

Also, the reason they are going to split up (or Reigns leaves) is good old fashioned jealousy at the rise of Reigns. Ambrose is currently the most animated about it, with Rollins doing well playing the neutral role. This first started to really surface when Punk brought up that the other two aren't as good as Reigns, as he beat Rollins and Ambrose but Reigns pinned Punk.

There is talk they are planning on keeping Rollins and Ambrose as The Shield and introduce Mason Ryan as the new muscle. Which I hope they do.

Edited by ColinBollocks