Moderators PowerButchi Posted February 10, 2014 Moderators Posted February 10, 2014 WWF understudies to Todd Pettingill
AshC Posted February 10, 2014 Posted February 10, 2014 WWF understudies to Todd Pettingill This! I want the rundown on Charlie Minn and Stephanie Wyatt!
Paid Members bAzTNM#1 Posted February 10, 2014 Paid Members Posted February 10, 2014 Charlie Minn basically lasted a month, didn't he? I recall him on WWF Action Zone on Sunday mornings then fuck all afterwards.
dopper Posted February 10, 2014 Posted February 10, 2014 I remember reading the reason Shane Helms got the name Gregory Helms was because there was already a Shane there (McMahon, obvs) and they feared stupid wrestling fans would get confused if there were two performers with the same first name. Same with Lance/Garrison Cade. So I wonder what would have happened when Stephanie McMahon debuted in 1999 if Stephanie Wiand had got over to a Renee Young type level and was still there in an established position.
Paid Members Bellenda Carlisle Posted February 10, 2014 Paid Members Posted February 10, 2014 I remember reading the reason Shane Helms got the name Gregory Helms was because there was already a Shane there (McMahon, obvs) and they feared stupid wrestling fans would get confused if there were two performers with the same first name. Same with Lance/Garrison Cade. So I wonder what would have happened when Stephanie McMahon debuted in 1999 if Stephanie Wiand had got over to a Renee Young type level and was still there in an established position. They changed (the referee) Mickie Jay's name to Mickey Henson when Mickie James debuted too to avoid confusion, he was already established so they probably would've done something similar. They called Regal William because there were too many Steves too.
Wrasslin Posted February 10, 2014 Posted February 10, 2014 It was a good move as far as commentary was concerned . . . I mean how many times did JR refer to Chris Benoit as Chris Jericho and vice-versa.
The Cum Doctor Posted February 10, 2014 Posted February 10, 2014 (edited) I watched Brian Kendrick's King of Flight tournament. If you like spotfests, this is going to be right up your alley. Loads of highflying, great sequences and massive moves. If you look more more than these things in your wrestling though, you'll absolutely hate it. The Young Bucks do bring a different dimension to their own matches though. Edited February 10, 2014 by The Cum Doctor
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted February 10, 2014 Author Paid Members Posted February 10, 2014 It was a good move as far as commentary was concerned . . . I mean how many times did JR refer to Chris Benoit as Chris Jericho and vice-versa. Look forward to all the tweets during WWE Network airings "That Chris Jericho is a murderer you know".
LEGIT Posted February 10, 2014 Posted February 10, 2014 I watched Brian Kendrick's King of Flight tournament. Know who I don't like? Brian Kendrick. Is it just me? He's one of those ones that has the great reputation. Everything I've seen from him has been garbage. Garbage in WWE. The absolute pits in TNA. He's my pick for most overrated wrestler of the last ten years.
The Cum Doctor Posted February 10, 2014 Posted February 10, 2014 I watched Brian Kendrick's King of Flight tournament. Know who I don't like? Brian Kendrick. Is it just me? He's one of those ones that has the great reputation. Everything I've seen from him has been garbage. Garbage in WWE. The absolute pits in TNA. He's my pick for most overrated wrestler of the last ten years. He isn't in the tournament thankfully. I thought he was alright in WWE actually. It was when he got back to the indies and all he started doing was that stupid jumping kick that I really took a dislike to him.
Paid Members Bellenda Carlisle Posted February 10, 2014 Paid Members Posted February 10, 2014 Brian Kendrick's King of Flight tournament. Brian Kendrick He isn't in the tournament What the fuck?
deathrey Posted February 10, 2014 Posted February 10, 2014 I'm assuming he promoted/organised the event
The Cum Doctor Posted February 10, 2014 Posted February 10, 2014 I'm assuming he promoted/organised the event Correct. There's a non-tournament match and he wasn't involved in that either.
Paid Members Carbomb Posted February 10, 2014 Paid Members Posted February 10, 2014 I remember reading the reason Shane Helms got the name Gregory Helms was because there was already a Shane there (McMahon, obvs) and they feared stupid wrestling fans would get confused if there were two performers with the same first name. Same with Lance/Garrison Cade. I always figured someone at WWE must be a big Marvel fan - Garrison Cade was clearly based on Garrison Kane (Weapon X) and Ryan Braddock based on Bryan Braddock (Captain Britain).
Paid Members garynysmon Posted February 10, 2014 Paid Members Posted February 10, 2014 I'm finally getting around to watching the 50 Greatest Superstars DVD and while the rankings are pure bollocks, the section on Nick Bockwinkel looks pretty interesting. Never having had any access to the AWA, my only real access to him was as an authority figure in WCW, but he looks like he's great on the mic and a pretty interesting character in general. Any thoughts from anyone who knows more?
Recommended Posts