CTXRussomark Posted December 8, 2013 Posted December 8, 2013 Any time anyone goes on the microphone, all I can hear is 'womp womp womp womp womp womp.' Tony Chimel goes on the microphone and says 'womp womp womp womp womp fifteen minute intermission.' Tremendous!
Paid Members JNLister Posted December 10, 2013 Paid Members Posted December 10, 2013 Susie Dent talked about the etymology of a pro wrestling "heel" on Countdown today. It was pretty much the most erotic moment in TV history. For those wondering, it's simply the same as the old gangster slang where heel was a criminal, deriving from "down at heel", meaning somebody who was so poor they'd worn their shoes out and couldn't afford new ones (and thus were likely to turn to crime.)
King Pitcos Posted December 11, 2013 Posted December 11, 2013 They're not going to announce separate tables, ladders or chairs matches for the pay-per-view, are they?
Paid Members bAzTNM#1 Posted December 11, 2013 Paid Members Posted December 11, 2013 Why was Ted DiBiase Jr. in that "Marine 2" film? Seems a bit random.
King Pitcos Posted December 11, 2013 Posted December 11, 2013 At the time, they had high hopes for Ted. And I think Randy Orton probably did an audition so bad that they decided to use someone else.
hitman89762000 Posted December 11, 2013 Posted December 11, 2013 Why was Ted DiBiase Jr. in that "Marine 2" film? Seems a bit random. Iirc the marines corp complained about orton getting the role hence it switching to dibiase.
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted December 11, 2013 Paid Members Posted December 11, 2013 Correct. Orton was dishonourably discharged from the army so the marines kicked up a fuss about him being in it.
Shane O' Mac Version 2 Posted December 11, 2013 Posted December 11, 2013 Wonder how he's received at Tribute to the Troops, then?
Killjoy_Gee Posted December 11, 2013 Posted December 11, 2013 It was Marine 3, when he was replaced by The Miz, not Marine 2
Loki Posted December 11, 2013 Posted December 11, 2013 Marine 2 had Ken Kennedy in, inexplicably. Is DiBiase still in WWE? What happened to him? I never hear him mentioned.
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted December 11, 2013 Awards Moderator Posted December 11, 2013 Marine 2 had Ken Kennedy in, inexplicably. Is DiBiase still in WWE? What happened to him? I never hear him mentioned. His contract ran out at the end of August, I think. He essentially chose not to renew it rather than being released, though, if I understood it correctly.
King Pitcos Posted December 11, 2013 Posted December 11, 2013 Marine 2 had Ken Kennedy in, inexplicably. Nope, Kennedy's film was a sequel to Behind Enemy Lines, wasn't it? Is DiBiase still in WWE? What happened to him? I never hear him mentioned. He left a few months back. He's involved with a college-based eBay knock-off site now.
Killjoy_Gee Posted December 11, 2013 Posted December 11, 2013 Marine 2 had Ken Kennedy in, inexplicably. Nope, Kennedy's film was a sequel to Behind Enemy Lines, wasn't it? Spot on.
Paid Members SpursRiot2012 Posted December 11, 2013 Paid Members Posted December 11, 2013 (edited) So, I watched the Triple H DVD Thy Kingdom Come the other day on YouTube and thought it was actually a really good watch when I wasn't expecting much at all. I also watched Best in the World after that on YouTube and man, as much as I'd like to like CM Punk, he just seems like such a douchebag. Documentary was OK. Edited December 11, 2013 by SpursRiot2012
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted December 11, 2013 Paid Members Posted December 11, 2013 Listen to the nerdist interview with Punk. He comes across as 50 times more likable. I honestly think he's a dick to hold up some sort of image of him being a faux rebel. Which in itself makes him a dick, but less of a one than he comes across normally.
Recommended Posts