Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted December 23, 2013 Awards Moderator Posted December 23, 2013 That is superb. Well done, Mrs Hallicks. Hope she's got you a sheep mask for Christmas!
Ant Posted December 23, 2013 Posted December 23, 2013 A couple of days after watching Die Hard I saw a (presumably) recent pic of AJ Styles. He very much reminds me of the sleazy cokehead dude that works with John McLean's wife.
Killjoy_Gee Posted December 26, 2013 Posted December 26, 2013 (edited) So I'm watching a Morgan Spurlock documentary called 'Mansome' on Netflix. It's all about the definition of masculinity in modern society, when who shows up to be interviewed? Davari. I don't know if he's a TNA wrestler at the time, but all it shows is clips from TNA; with talking heads from Matt Morgan and Dixie. Interesting stuff. EDIT: He was TNA at the time, and mentions it.Well worth watching, if only to see Colt shave Davari's back and butt Edited December 26, 2013 by Killjoy_Gee
UK Kat Von D Posted December 26, 2013 Posted December 26, 2013 Most of tumblr is pretty shit, but there's some cool little wrestling ones dotted about. idontlikewrestling.tumblr.com is a nice mix of women in next to nothing, cool pictures and gif sets dedicated to matches/angles. There was one that posted a really diverse selection of matches which was great fun to waste a few hours on, forgotten what it's called though. There's a post on there giving shout outs to a few other wrestling themed tumblrs, if you have nothing else to do its a decent little time waster
Cobra1000 Posted December 26, 2013 Posted December 26, 2013 (edited) Most of tumblr is pretty shit, but there's some cool little wrestling ones dotted about. idontlikewrestling.tumblr.com is a nice mix of women in next to nothing, cool pictures and gif sets dedicated to matches/angles. There was one that posted a really diverse selection of matches which was great fun to waste a few hours on, forgotten what it's called though. There's a post on there giving shout outs to a few other wrestling themed tumblrs, if you have nothing else to do its a decent little time waster There are some good ones (having one myself...guess I'll leave it to people to decide if it's decent or not, it's in my sig) I often search for good ones, I like idontlikewrestling too I'm sick of ringsideconfessions though, there latest one about Batista is horrible. There are some right weirdos on tumble too... Edited December 26, 2013 by Cobra1000
Big Rob Posted December 26, 2013 Posted December 26, 2013 Just watching a Tajiri vs William Regal match from Survivor Series 2001, and granted it was over ten years ago but this would never these days. They had some feud going on since Tajiri didn't join the Alliance, but during the entrances they showed clips of the previous Smackdown where Regal does a tiger bomb on Torrie Wilson and then puts her in the STF. To top it off, Regal then beats Tajiri clean in a three minute match! Since it never happens now, it's a bit shocking to see that level of perceived violence from a man to a woman, especially in a really low-card angle.
Moderators PowerButchi Posted December 27, 2013 Moderators Posted December 27, 2013 I don't even remember that match. Obviously men twatting women was de rigueur then. Decent sprint worth a look?
Paid Members Carbomb Posted December 27, 2013 Paid Members Posted December 27, 2013 I vaguely remember it. It was during that period when Regal was trying out a couple of new finishers - the Union Jack neckbreaker (where he wraps the opponent's arm around his own neck, really liked that one) and the double-underhook standing powerbomb. Decent little match, though it seemed to go completely against booking - I honestly thought Tajiri would win the feud, as he and Torrie were really over, plus they were faces. Eventually, though, after the Invasion finished, it was his brass-knucks "Power of the Punch" that got over!
Big Rob Posted December 27, 2013 Posted December 27, 2013 I don't even remember that match. Obviously men twatting women was de rigueur then. Decent sprint worth a look? It's online, and assuming you have four minutes to kill then yeah, it's not a bad match by any stretch. Just a bit of a shame - I'd fucking kill to see it these days, as it'd probably go 15 on NXT.
Moderators PowerButchi Posted December 28, 2013 Moderators Posted December 28, 2013 Does anything in wrestling feel more wrong or unsuited than Honky Tonk Man's WCW run. It just really feels a bit off. It's not a good fit at all.
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted December 28, 2013 Paid Members Posted December 28, 2013 Scott Hudson and Arn Anderson on Raw in polo shirts doing announcing, maybe.
Paid Members Kaz Hayashi Posted December 28, 2013 Paid Members Posted December 28, 2013 I thought Arn looked uncomfortable when he was flairs assistant during his co-ownership stint in 2002. Any backstage skit that Arn was involved with just didn't seem cool, like it should have been.
Paid Members bAzTNM#1 Posted December 28, 2013 Paid Members Posted December 28, 2013 Does anything in wrestling feel more wrong or unsuited than Honky Tonk Man's WCW run. It just really feels a bit off. It's not a good fit at all. Yeah, I get that too. Gimmick seemed more "WWF" than anything WCW had ever did. I imagine he'd have beat Johnny B Badd for the TV Title if he hadn't bailed too.
Big Rob Posted December 28, 2013 Posted December 28, 2013 Kamala too, that seemed a bit of a weird fit - very much a WWF gimmick, even if it obviously didn't originate there.
Paid Members theironshake Posted December 28, 2013 Paid Members Posted December 28, 2013 the zoom feature was good on that item
Recommended Posts