Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
I've just finished watching the WCCW/Von Erich documentary.

Fuck me. Bit depressing, ain't it?

It's a wonder that Kevin hasn't taken a header off of something tall, poor bastard.

Yeah it's incredibly sad but captivating, not just the Von Erich's either loads of the other guys have died too. Their mother is still alive aswell and must be in her late 80's, was searching to check and found her facebook https://www.facebook.com/doris.adkisson poor woman.

• Paid Members
Just watching Summerslam 1996 and that four corners tag team title match. Absolutely fucking awful match, but just how much of an absolute tit did Tom Prichard look as Zip?

You wonder why they let the Bodydonnas out there to wrestle at that event. Candido was legit injured with a neck contraption on. He couldn't do anything but stand on the apron.

Yeah, Zip did look a bit of a tit.

ADDED: Don't forget that the Bushwhackers sold a LOT of merchandise. Probably more than you think.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

ADDED: Don't forget that the Bushwhackers sold a LOT of merchandise. Probably more than you think.

Not post 1992 where they were barely used on television and in fact so barely used they were allowed to take European booking for indy promotions they wern't...

Happened to see a small clip of Ric Flair's WWE return from 2001 earlier and it reminded me how quickly and badly the WWE schedule aged Flair over the next few years. In his first appearance he looked virtually unchanged from his final WCW appearances, and aside from a slight bit of ageing not much different to the mid/late 90's. Within a couple of years he had aged about 10, rivaling Shane Douglas' ECW stint.

1996/1997:

Flair.jpg

2002:

1sdp2t.jpg

2005-ish:

ric-flair.jpg

• Paid Members

He's had a shitload of face lifts since 2002. He seemed to change over night in 2003. And started putting water on his hair, which was a shock. He looked completely different.

He looks proper different to when he returned in 2002.

tumblr_me83mgz1vz1rypzzro1_500.jpgRic-Flair2_0.preview.jpg

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

All these years of doing UK shows and WWE still don't seem to understand that people over here travel from all around the country to their shows.

Efforts to get heat or a babyface pop by doing something aimed at that particular town/city rarely have the desired effect in my opinion.

There was the famous occasion at the Raw taping at Manchester in 2004, where babyface Stacy Keibler came out in a Man United shirt and got booed out of the building.

Generally there are one or two promos on UK house shows intended to offend the hometown crowd which never work. On Sunday night in Sheffield, Zeb Coulter was doing the "get-the-name-of-the-town-wrong" thing by starting with Scotland - which did get boos - then said Manchester, which got a big cheer from a few sections who presumably had travelled less than 40 miles from Manchester.

• Paid Members
All these years of doing UK shows and WWE still don't seem to understand that people over here travel from all around the country to their shows.

Even more glaring to me was the face Cryme Tyme in April 2008 trying to get the crowd to sing along to "money, money, yeah, yeah" and then customising it "those euros, euros, yeah, yeah".

• Moderators
There was the famous occasion at the Raw taping at Manchester in 2004, where babyface Stacy Keibler came out in a Man United shirt and got booed out of the building.

They definitely need to to learn that the premier league isn't like American sports where there's just one, maybe two teams in a large radius in the top flight.