Jump to content

Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*


Recommended Posts

  • Moderators
Posted
Should really be in either the News thread or the TNA thread. Certainly shouldn't be here.

What this guy said.

  • Moderators
Posted
Butch/Ian might remember better than me how long WcW maintained their presence on our TV prior to Cartoon Network starting to show Nitro.

 

Worldwide on ITV was still semi-networked until Christmas 95. For the life of me I can't remember exactly when TNT started to show Nitro over here. Which is dead annoying as I remember fucking WAW on Screensport and other such obscure things, but not that.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I believe it was early 96, because they kept replaying the debut episode when ever they were stuck for something to put on TNT.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay
Posted

I find this interesting, donno about anyone else. The Rock's held 4 different WWE titles, as far as I'm aware.

 

457548.jpg

 

27-the-rock-wwe-undisputed-champion.jpg

 

rock_wwe_champion.jpg

 

Rock-Peoples-Champion.jpg

 

Wee bit unusual, although probably not interesting in the slightest haha.

  • Paid Members
Posted
For the life of me I can't remember exactly when TNT started to show Nitro over here. Which is dead annoying as I remember fucking WAW on Screensport and other such obscure things, but not that.

 

I may be off by a week but I remember my Dad telling me Nitro was starting on TNT and I'm pretty sure the first match I saw on there was Macho Man vs Finlay.

 

Looking up the results from 1996 that would be the March 25th episode. Matches on that episode were;

 

Macho Man vs Belfast Bruiser (Finlay)

Konnan vs Mr JL

Booty Man vs Disco Inferno

Sting & Lex Luger vs American Males

Ric Flair vs The Giant

 

Pretty certain that was the first episode on TNT over here.

Posted

The "special features" on WWE event DVDs seem to be really lacking lately. I bought the 2012 collection about a month ago, and working through them, it seems that there's only one special feature on the DVDs, Matt Striker interviewing Dolph Ziggler or CM Punk etc. Anyone know the reason for this? Saving it for Blu Rays or just flat out not doing it?

  • Paid Members
Posted
Macho Man vs Belfast Bruiser (Finlay)

Konnan vs Mr JL

Booty Man vs Disco Inferno

Sting & Lex Luger vs American Males

Ric Flair vs The Giant

 

They also aired that one weeks when for some reason there wasn't a new Nitro to show or something fucked up. I believe that's the match where the Males are challenging for the tag belts and Sting pins Riggs with a crossbody (no, not off the top rope, a plain one) and Bagwell just STANDS THERE WATCHING and the commentators make out Bagwell couldnt break a pin up on his mate Sting. What a stupid fucking finish for a tag title match. How Bagwell would change over the next year transforming from this soft pillock to one of my favourite dick heels of the 90s.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
For the life of me I can't remember exactly when TNT started to show Nitro over here.

March or April 1996 seems familiar. It wasn't long before Scott Hall appeared.

 

EDIT: Already answered on previous page. Sorry!

Edited by bAzTNM#1
Posted

I've been listening to some WWE Legends Roundtable shows this week and these are the only shows where you could notice that Jim Ross is a very funny guy.

 

His deadpan delivery of really quick one-liners in reaction to some of Michael Hayes or Pat Patterson's rambling is excellent stuff every time.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...