Jump to content

Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
It amazes me that in these photos of Hogan from 1985/1986 he is only 32/33 years old.

 

He's the world's only ever virile and studly bald man.

 

I fist bumped Jason Statham once and I was pregnant the next day so I know that's not true.

Posted
*Ian's Hogan post.*

 

I stated it was six in another thread a while back but recently it was pointed out that at the new count its now seven.

 

He had a new World Heavyweight title for his DQ rule waived bout with Paul Orndorff on the 18/10/1986, the next night at WWF's Houston Summit event he had the Hogan '86.

 

DQ match here: Hulk Hogan Vs Paul Orndorff - No DQ - 18/10/1986

 

hoganbelt1.jpg

 

I've been digging through my dvd's to see if I can find anything of a better quality but to no avail.

  • Paid Members
Posted
They also aired that one weeks when for some reason there wasn't a new Nitro to show or something fucked up. I believe that's the match where the Males are challenging for the tag belts and Sting pins Riggs with a crossbody (no, not off the top rope, a plain one) and Bagwell just STANDS THERE WATCHING and the commentators make out Bagwell couldnt break a pin up on his mate Sting. What a stupid fucking finish for a tag title match. How Bagwell would change over the next year transforming from this soft pillock to one of my favourite dick heels of the 90s.

 

That's the one yeah. That reminds me, I really like sneaky Luger from around this time. Where he'd do heelish things when Sting wasn't looking, then if Sting turned around he'd be all smiles and high fiving little kids and all that.

Posted (edited)

Somebody in this country really needs to book the luchadore Argos and put him in a "Battle of the High Street Shops" Battle Royal.

 

Edit: Actually, another AAA though, I'd be very surprised if there's a wrestler anywhere in the world who's better than Gran Apache right now. It helps that he's in one of my favourite feuds at the moment, but his timing is just superb. Its one of the hardest things to get right and he has it done to a tee.

Edited by Vamp
Posted

Does anybody think a tournament like the New Japan cup or the G1 could work in WWE? Hypothetically say it happened sometime in the autumn used as a draw between SummerSlam and RR.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

He's only 43 and I remember seeing that picture years ago. I dont see how he looks amazingly well. He pretty much looks like a normal bloke in his late 30s there.

 

Here's a more recent picture of him. He looks like he's 43 and out of wrestling.

549284_113400498794787_1889801520_n.jpg

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay
Posted
He's only 43 and I remember seeing that picture years ago. I dont see how he looks amazingly well. He pretty much looks like a normal bloke in his late 30s there.

 

Here's a more recent picture of him. He looks like he's 43 and out of wrestling.

549284_113400498794787_1889801520_n.jpg

 

Perhaps I'm just thinking of him in comparison with Hall.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Bogner was probably in his late 30s when the photo in your link was posted. This would be a fair comparison:

scotthall_320x245.jpgmember_9639518.jpeg

 

Razor looks more handsome than 10 movie stars. Bogner is still the pretender.

Posted (edited)
I find this interesting, donno about anyone else. The Rock's held 4 different WWE titles, as far as I'm aware.

 

The Undertaker's also held four different WWE Championships:

 

35.jpg

 

Pic69.jpg

 

33.jpg

 

066Undertaker.jpg

Edited by The Natural
  • Paid Members
Posted
That's the one yeah. That reminds me, I really like sneaky Luger from around this time. Where he'd do heelish things when Sting wasn't looking, then if Sting turned around he'd be all smiles and high fiving little kids and all that.

 

Literally something as simple as high fiving when Sting was looking then not bothering when he wasn't, was brilliant. Luger was really effective at playing a smug, half-arsed tosser. Funny that.

  • Paid Members
Posted

At a show tonight and the babyface took a big bump into the turnbuckles, cutting short her spell of offense. A woman in the crowd responded, in a totally genuine and sincere manner, "Ooh, sausages."

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...