Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

...or Balls Mahoney who is probably doing Bum Fights right now..

Balls was doing really well in WWECW, what happened? He was seriously over and was working really hard in his matches... I miss Balls :(

As for Foley, he might be moving badly, but watching Raw I didn't think he looks that old at all. He always had that homeless bum look going for him, but facially he doesn't appear to be ageing too badly. On the other end of the spectrum, I re-watched Sid's Raw return the other day, and Christ, he looked well into his 60s in the face. Still ace at the powerbomb though.

• Moderators
She IS 21 to be fair. But, yes.

Don't tell me about Maebe, I don't want disappointment. Anyway, she's a model nowadays so she can't be too bad looking.

Oh she's not bad looking by any means. Just noticeably looking much older is all.

a_560x0.jpg

Edited by Chest Rockwell

Balls was doing really well in WWECW, what happened? He was seriously over and was working really hard in his matches... I miss Balls :(

As for Foley, he might be moving badly, but watching Raw I didn't think he looks that old at all. He always had that homeless bum look going for him, but facially he doesn't appear to be ageing too badly. On the other end of the spectrum, I re-watched Sid's Raw return the other day, and Christ, he looked well into his 60s in the face. Still ace at the powerbomb though.

Basically, he looks like this:

mqdefault.jpg

And that was last year! He seems to age 5 to 1, so I dread to think how he looks now.

Basically, he looks like this:

mqdefault.jpg

And that was last year! He seems to age 5 to 1, so I dread to think how he looks now.

I imagine he now looks like Bill Murray's old boss in Scrooged.

I read that the shows WCW ran in London and Birmingham in 1994 with Hogan and Flair headlining drew 2,000 fans apiece.

I found this surprising, as I'm sure Hogan appeared on mainstream media to promote the shows (perhaps one of his GMTV appearances).

Given how nice Hogan's contract was back then he probably made more cash than the box office took in.

Balls was doing really well in WWECW, what happened? He was seriously over

This isn't really my recollection of his run, did I miss this?

Well, not blowing the roof off arenas or anything, but he got a better pop than other originals like Dreamer and Sandman from what I remember, and that "Balls, Balls, whoaaaa Balls" chant definitely had some steam.

But yeah, he had a nice feud with Kevin Thorn, then they linked him to Kelly Kelly, then he was quietly dropped off screen. I was a big fan. :( He does look like hell these days though.

• Paid Members

I remember seeing Balls Mahoney at an FWA show years ago. I went to school the next day and kept singing "I'VE GOT BIG BALLS, YOU'VE GOT BIG BALLS, WE'VE GOT BIG BALLS..." and then this massive black basketball player had a fight with me.

• Paid Members
I read that the shows WCW ran in London and Birmingham in 1994 with Hogan and Flair headlining drew 2,000 fans apiece.

I found this surprising, as I'm sure Hogan appeared on mainstream media to promote the shows (perhaps one of his GMTV appearances).

Aye. Makes sense though in context : wrestling's popularity was on the wane over here. Even the WWF had only drawn about 3,000 to the Royal Albert Hall earlier in the year for the WrestleMania fallout/revenge tour, when back at the famed "Battle Royal At The Albert Hall" they managed to squeeze 5,000 inside. It's amazing WcW even got the figures they did, seemingly everybody I knew that was even aware of WcW at the time considered it a "ripoff of WWF" or worse still "WWF has beens" when the Nastys and Duggans of the world started showing up. I don't remember Hogan doing anything in the GMTV (probably still TV:AM then) / Going Live etc mold, truth be told I can't even remember whether Worldwide still aired on ITV in the build up to that tour. The last episode I remember anything from was highlights of Zbyszko taking the belt off Regal which would have been May of that year. Butch/Ian might remember better than me how long WcW maintained their presence on our TV prior to Cartoon Network starting to show Nitro.

IMPACT TAPING SPOILERS

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Kurt Angle beat D-Lo Brown in an I Quit match. Angle won with the ankle lock. D'LO BROWN'S IN RING RETURN!

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Don't know, but the above has convinced me to check out next weeks Impact. :D