Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

I met Charlotte once. We took a photo and she asked me where in England I was from.

Assuming WWE Superstars aren't familiar with places like Scunthorpe, I mentioned the nearest place she might have heard of. "I live near Sheffield" I answered.

She followed up with another question: "Oh, isn't that the place with a famous crooked spire on some church?".

I looked confused, sheepishly answered "Erm... I don't live THAT close to Sheffield actually" and the conversation ended awkwardly.

13 months later...

Yesterday I saw TNA wrestler Bram on Instagram with a selfie in front of a church and his caption read:

bram_tnaIn my home town of#chesterfield right now ... wrestling at the#windingwheel tonight at 7pm... Come say ello #crookedspire

I found it odd that (a) That was at the back of my mind over a year until it finally came full circle, and (b) how unusual must their marriage have been for Charlotte to have not known the name of her husband's hometown?

• Paid Members

I listened to Russo's "Raw then and now" podcast, they went through the Raw after Survivor Series 98 so it prompted me to go and watch it, bloody hell the opening to that show, I was just sat there grinning like a Cheshire cat, fucking love it, unreal heat for the Rock and McMahons, the shots of Austin arriving at the building and the pop when his music hits, then he reveals one of the 6 thousand "but I have it in writing" segments that swings things back in his favour, and bloody Mills Lane shows up. What an energy to that opening, 20 minutes of brilliance.

The Rock here was utterly brilliant. Just pure young arrogance, ego and disgust. One of my favourite promos ever with the wonderfully brilliant closing of "The Rock said he would never betray the people. But now The Rock says he'd rather kiss Mr. McMahons ass before he EVER kisses yours, if you smell what The Rock is cooking!"

I just watched Bray Wyatt's NXT in-ring debut against Aiden English, and it's so so much better than the thing that finally made it to the main roster. He's verbose and entertaining with his patter, slicker in the ring without damaging the character, it's night and day from what he is now, or even when he debuted on the main roster.

It almost makes me blame the direction he's had from WWE rather than the man himself. It's like the opposite of what they're supposed to do - they've given him pointers that have made him the crap all round act he is now, instead of refining the jagged edges from NXT.

011.jpg

I forgot how rubbish this belt is. Look at that mess. I remember even The Rock couldn't hide how hideous it was when they revealed it.

Is that really the old belt the Rock held, I don't remember it being that ugly just a less refined version of what they currently use but wow that thing is hideous