Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Hogan and Sting though... how long did they build that up for? Months, if not a full year. Two genuine marquee attractions with huge name value battling it out for the one and only time (in the promotion), and concluding the storyline with a fantastic feel-good moment. For me, that match lives longest in the memory.

• Moderators

True. The whole "Hogan sees Eric smash his son with a chair and thinks 'DAMN IT! IT AIN'T RIGHT! I AIN'T LIKE THESE PEOPLE'" just before saving Sting bit is awesome. Wonderful moment. Proof of Hogan's smoke and mirrors stuff being awesome.

It certainly was a cracker. My favourite TNA bouts were Jarett vs Angle. Fantastic stuff. Jeff Jarrett was quality.

It's one of the best certainly. Also, Joe v Angle, Joe v Steiner, and 3-D v Steiner Bros. That last is almost the perfect tag match.

• Paid Members
Hogan and Sting though... how long did they build that up for? Months, if not a full year. Two genuine marquee attractions with huge name value battling it out for the one and only time (in the promotion), and concluding the storyline with a fantastic feel-good moment. For me, that match lives longest in the memory.

I thought it was nearly two years? They prolonged it because Hogan's back was in such a state, so they had to postpone the big match. The match was excellent, though.

I remember quite enjoying a Last Man Standing match Bully Ray and AJ Styles had a few years back. Certainly as thrilling a match as you could get in the shitty Impact Zone.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

Sting vs Hogan is mine. It was the big circus of a match, which I love. Austin Aries vs Bobby Roode is up there. The ladder match from late 2012 with Aries and Hardy is awesome. Joe vs Angle of course. I loved the Bad Influence vs Angle and Styles match from Slammiversary 2012 as well.

I've been watching a lot of 2005/06 TNA recently, for some reason. Paparazzi Productions and LAX are better than anything in wrestling currently. Add Samoa Joe's undefeated streak and AJ Styles generally being great, and that was quite a period for TNA. What hit me like a tonne of bricks watching that period was how there seemed to be a sense of the company going somewhere. Its really strange. Everyone from Tenay and West to Styles to Cornette to Joe to Konnan, they all spoke as if they were on a road to something special. There was this freshness. Even the Impact Zone looked great. They had this little laser light show and a cool look entrance way. That's the biggest difference to 2014. The roster looks like it cant be arsed and nobody seems to be looking forward. Shame really. Its got the look of a company waiting for nothing in particular.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Yep, that was my era of TNA as well. I often go back and watch stuff from that period. I still think the Paparazzi stuff was some of the finest wrestling comedy of all time. Once they got rid of Johnny Devine from it. Useless twunt. Joe's run was fantastic - my favourite part of it was when he absolutely murdered Sabu in that steel cage match.

• Paid Members

And they'd bring in international stars for guest appearances as well, which I think worked really well for the most part - like when Joe wrestled Jushin Thunder Liger at Bound For Glory 2005, with one of my favourite entrances of all time:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS28nerTDS8