Wrestling Controversy

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

At a WWE house show in (I think) Sheffield in 2002/3, a fan jumped the rail & tried to slide into the ring during a Christian vs Booker T match. Sadly for said fan, the agent sitting at ringside at the time was Fit Finlay - who proceeded to carry the skinny loser to the back one-handed, by the waistband of his jeans. Highlight of the night.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This guy gets his ass kicked by Joe, Storm and Jarrett. Im sure you've all seen it a million times but here it is again!

never seen that before id be shitting myself if Joe and Storm came running towards me

I was there that night, the guy that got pasted was Norwegian and on a holiday in Florida, me and my brother had been speaking to him and his group before the show. Didnt see him after the show when he was kicked out but as he was being dragged out he looked a right state.

This deserves an honourable mention, sorry if its already been posted

Don't they have slightly different running in Japan on things like that, in that you don't fuck with the wrestlers?

I'm sure some on said on a shoot when Hanson comes running through the crowd whirling a rope about you either ran for the hills or got your shit fucked up and Tiger Singh used to whip the shit out of people with his sword if they didn't get out of his way.

I was watching a HUSTLE show the other day and Tiger was running about like a fucking mad man lashing out at anyone in arms reach and chucking chairs about with zero regard for anyone's safety, fucking nuts.

I'm pretty sure there is a video on youtube with Musawa elbowing grinning fans.

One situation that was a bit different that springs to mind is from King of the Ring 1997 during Austin vs HBK. Right at the beginning of the match a special needs kid gets through the barriers and starts coming towards Michaels (I think he has a HBK figure in his hand) security appear to man handle him to get rid of him and Michaels notices this and gets involved pushing the security away and sitting the kid back in his seat.

Always struck me as a really nice thing from a man who is known as being not so nice in that time period

• Paid Members
One situation that was a bit different that springs to mind is from King of the Ring 1997 during Austin vs HBK. Right at the beginning of the match a special needs kid gets through the barriers and starts coming towards Michaels

Odd situation that. Doesn't the camera follow the guy's frantic mother and the guy getting led to the back? Last ages too. Wouldn't be surprised if that one was a plant.

Ive never understood people trying to get into the ring to attack wrestlers - it would be akin to someone climbing on stage during a panto and smacking Puss in Boots

I suppose wrestling attracts people with 'special' mindsets.

Anyway, people have always seemed to run in when its people like Nash, Hall, Eddie, Bully Ray etc in there - people who know fine well to get the guy out the ring whatever way you can, and send a message to others to never try it again (ie, smack the guy), basically the old guard kind of guys

Would be interesting to see someone break through in a match with one of the 'new breed' of wrestlers though. I cant imagine Kofi Kingston or Zack Ryder decking someone and stomping on their head to get them out. They'd probably not know what to do.

That's an interesting point about kicking the fuck out of fans as being a bit of an "old school" attitude. I agree that it it does, and it's tricky to picture a lot of today's guys laying the boots in on some teenager trying to make his mates laugh. I imagine today it's a refs/agents thing to be on that whilst the talent are told to be cool and back into a corner, if for nothing else, so they can film it so that the invader isn't focussed on. The Mania 23 one with Cena/Michaels springs to mind there, where we barely saw any aggro going on, just close ups on the two until he was shifted out.

Looking over this thread and Youtube the amount of WCW fans making an attempt on rushing the ring well out numbers the WWF events. Whats that all about?

Could you buy alcohol and both WCW and WWF shows back in the day? Or is it just a case of more redneck demographic at WCW shows or worse security around the ringside area?

I've seen a pipe band turn quicker than Doug Dillinger when some of those guys make their move!

Archived