Wrestling Controversy

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

thought i'd start a new thread after seeing something on the old nWo Back in Black documentary last night...the incident in question was during the Hogan heel turn where some fan gets in the ring, Nash drops him then puts the boots to him, Hall then stomps on the dude's head 2 or 3 times pretty much as hard as he could...question is, was it legit? it certainly looked that way.

Anyway's i love controversial moments like that so i thought i'd start a thread to archive this kind of shit, a quick search in youtube finds loads of incidents but i'll leave it to you to post other moments of fans jumping the rail or fans getting into it with wrestlers in other capacities.

Back on the subject of the nWo incident, were there any reprucussions? Hall stomped the dude pretty good...or are you looking at a case of 'do so at your own risk' because the fan ultimately was at fault and he got what he deserved.

< it happens around the 2 minute mark.

Also, instead of making more threads i thought i'd try and include other controversial shit in here too. I always loved the Wrestling Horrific Moments tapes (one for the old school crew) and would pay my money just to see grainy footage of some wild shit like wrestlers taking business into their own hands in the ring, shoot incidents and all that good stuff.

Anyway's let's keep it all in one place, get on youtube or whatever and add some shit!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one that springs to mind straight away was the one from 2002(I think) where the fan jumps in the ring during the Eddie Guerrero, Rob Van Dam ladder match and tries to push Eddie off the ladder. It was lucky really that he saw him coming and landed properly.

thought i'd start a new thread after seeing something on the old nWo Back in Black documentary last night...the incident in question was during the Hogan heel turn where some fan gets in the ring, Nash drops him then puts the boots to him, Hall then stomps on the dude's head 2 or 3 times pretty much as hard as he could...question is, was it legit? it certainly looked that way. Anyway's i love controversial moments like that so i thought i'd start a thread to archive this kind of shit, a quick search in youtube finds loads of incidents but i'll leave it to you to post other moments of fans jumping the rail or fans getting into it with wrestlers in other capacities. Back on the subject of the nWo incident, were there any reprucussions? Hall stomped the dude pretty good...or are you looking at a case of 'do so at your own risk' because the fan ultimately was at fault and he got what he deserved.

< it happens around the 2 minute mark.Also, instead of making more threads i thought i'd try and include other controversial shit in here too. I always loved the Wrestling Horrific Moments tapes (one for the old school crew) and would pay my money just to see grainy footage of some wild shit like wrestlers taking business into their own hands in the ring, shoot incidents and all that good stuff.Anyway's let's keep it all in one place, get on youtube or whatever and add some shit!
It's one thing giving a bloke a good kicking for doing something they shouldn't. But Hall is a piece of shit for it looks like trying to stomp on that fans head.Hall has always been a right twat though.

The Eddie/RVD one was the one that first sprung to mind. I'm incredibly surprised that Cena wasn't attacked at ONS '06, particularly in the crowd.When I was about 12, I "jumped the rail" at my first ever wrestling show after a fake Doink beckoned about a dozen kids to beat down some poor shitarse. That's the closest I've got to controversy.

• Paid Members

It's one thing giving a bloke a good kicking for doing something they shouldn't. But Hall is a piece of shit for it looks like trying to stomp on that fans head.Hall has always been a right twat though.

Fat arse shouldn't have jumped in the ring trying his luck. He got what he deserved. It isn't like now where idiots jump in to get on telly. He was pissed off and jumped the ring. He could have had a knife or anything. Why should Hall respect this fat fucker, when he's got past the security, got past the railing and made it into the ring? If it was away from the arena and started on him, he'd have got far worse than that.

Fat arse shouldn't have jumped in the ring trying his luck. He got what he deserved. It isn't like now where idiots jump in to get on telly. He was pissed off and jumped the ring. He could have had a knife or anything. Why should Hall respect this fat fucker, when he's got past the security, got past the railing and made it into the ring? If it was away from the arena and started on him, he'd have got far worse than that.
Fatty was down and out anyway. Nash was trying to boot him out before Hall came over and decided to stomp his head in.

might not have been the right thing to do, but i would have done the same, if not worse.

• Paid Members

This fat anus should have stayed in his seat. Did he not read the rough lyrics Jimmy Hart had penned down for their eventual entrance music? You don't turn your back on the Wolfpac. You might wind up in a body bag via a series of boots to the head. If Doug Dillinger was doing his job, this could have been avoided. No sympathy for him to be honest. Hall was brought in in the mid-80s, when you put the marks in such a state all their pals saw him and knew not to mess with the wrestlers. That was encouraged back in the day. You left a mark on them so they said "shit, those wrestlers are a bit mental". Hall was probably just leaving his calling card on his fat face to protect the biz.

might not have been the right thing to do, but i would have done the same, if not worse.
Yeah, it's all well and good to be a moral crusader, but you can't blame them for getting caught up in the heat of the moment.

• Paid Members

Yeah, it's all well and good to be a moral crusader, but you can't blame them for getting caught up in the heat of the moment.
It's not even the heat of the moment, It's just looking after yourself. The Freebirds had a gun pulled on them once, get that lad disarmed I would have smacked the fuck out of him. As Ian said, you left a mark. You don't try and kill them, but it sends a message.

Wasnt that fan a plant? I remember reading he was at the time, and that WCW frequently used plants against the nWo in the next 6 months. On a related note, I think around this time WCW used plants to throw drinks into the ring against the nWo, but stopped when it started to get out of hand. May be remembering this wrong, mind.Eddie got mad at a fan during his fued with Rey. After losing a match, the crowd did a "0 and 7" chant against him, but Eddie got out of the ring and went face to face with someone in the front row, saying something like "You want to see how far you can go with me?" and "Just fucking touch me". Considering it was a harmless chant, maybe he just worked me, but it did look pretty real.

Archived