Wrestling Controversy

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
Wasnt that fan a plant (Bash at the Beach 1996)? I remember reading he was at the time, and that WCW frequently used plants against the nWo in the next 6 months.

I don't think that mess was a plant, but there was one, IIRC, during the Hogan - Savage match at Halloween Havoc 1996.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
On a related note, I think around this time WCW used plants to throw drinks into the ring against the nWo, but stopped when it started to get out of hand. May be remembering this wrong, mind.

Live reports from people attending Nitro at the time said that the PA warned the fans that anyone caught throwing stuff would be ejected. It would be well harsh for them to use plants to throw things as that would incite genuine fans to follow suit and risk ejection, which is minor league entrapment in my book. In reality of course, fans ignored this plea and fairly often chucked thngs anyway, either not believing WCWs threat, or believing themselves to be able to handle Doug Dillinger and the Keystone Cops. But that's what you get when for every one Nitro in a Chicago or Los Angeles, you hold three or four in Bumfuck, Iowa.

• Paid Members

Look at the size of the fan half way through this. The one in the white shirt. He's a Yokozuna level fat twat. Small time wrestling really is the worst isn't it? Seeing someone go for an old bloke just because he said something to his fake character and then dragging his pretend shitty title belt back to the dressing room is a sight to behold. Rotten.

The funniest part is when the referee starts throwing punches, misses and hits his fist against the railing. Silly bollocks.

This kind of stuff used to happen all the time! I saw Kerry Cabrerro boot a drunken fan in the head as hard as possibly could for taking up his challenge of entering the ring for a fight.

Simple code of conduct really: If you Spit, Swear (on a family show), Touch, Use racism/sexism/homophobic comments or even worse, Try & enter the ring! Then you are fair game IMHO. Act like an idiot & expect to be treat like one.

I always loved the Jericho fan altercation on Raw when he was Undisputed Champion. Guy jumps the barriers and punches Jericho. Jericho proceeds to punch fan back rather violently and the camera cuts away. I think Jericho's a proper hard nut. Beating Goldberg and such. The Raven one on Nitro?, was pretty funny as well. Raven doing his usual nonchalant pose of sitting in the corner of the turnbuckle, and some cunt pulls him by the hair. Raven no sells it like the pro he is.

• Paid Members
Eddie got mad at a fan during his fued with Rey. After losing a match, the crowd did a "0 and 7" chant against him, but Eddie got out of the ring and went face to face with someone in the front row, saying something like "You want to see how far you can go with me?" and "Just fucking touch me". Considering it was a harmless chant, maybe he just worked me, but it did look pretty real.

Eddie was fucking incredible at being the hothead. It's almost impossible to tell if it's genuine almost every time.

The incident you mentioned reminds of the end of Goldberg - Jericho at Bad Blood, there's two guys in the front row dressed up, one as Tigger. They're riling Goldy up something rotten and post match a furious Bill gets right in Tiggers face screaming in it. You'd expect most to cack their kecks and be intimidated to fuck but Tigger is loving every moment of it. It's a hilarious visual.

Anyone who thinks the wrestlers shouldn't be getting violent with anyone jumping the ring is so very wrong. It is EXACTLY what they should do, for a number of different reasons. I can't remember the exact details of it but I have a vague memory of watching Raw or a PPV with my brother in either the days of The Hart Foundation of Owen and Bulldog tagging and some moron jumps the ring unsuccessfully as security get to him just as he's slipping under the bottom rope. Davey Boy is straight on him and relishes kicking a whole heap of shit out of him. Me and the bro absolutely loved it.

That Big Show footage is incredible. Deadly. I fucking love Big Show.

Archived