The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Paid Members

Can't see a Wand thread for Fight Night 131 Rivera vs Moraes yet, so posting here.

Nathaniel Wood Vs Johnny Eduardo has been added to the card as Wood's debut. Should be a legit test for him. Eduardo has 6 fights in the UFC and a win over Edie Wineland.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

dunno if we'll be starting a thread for it, butcthe TUF season with DC/Stipe started last night. Like i say before most seasons im planning on watching it. The theme is every fighter on it us undefeated.

• Paid Members

I gave up even promising myself that, Egg. I like both fighters, but I doubt it I'll miss much important hype and drama prior to them facing off. I'm sure DC will have a few digs, as he does now and again, but essentially the fight will be 'champion v champion - although imagine if Jon Jones didn't hand back frothing piss'.

If there wasn't so much content to follow every week, I'm sure I'd bother with TUF.

• Paid Members

I'll try but I say that every series and I never stick with it. Can't remember the last one I watched start to finish. Didn't even last through the McGregor vs Faber one and that was when I was a huge McGregor fan. Same with the Jedrzejczyk vs Gadelha one and Joanna is one of my favourite fighters full stop. Just done with TUF as a concept really. There's nothing actually wrong with it, it's just same old every time. 

• Paid Members

UFC 226 is shaping up nicely. 

Stipe Miocic vs Daniel Cormier 

Raphael Assuncao vs Rob Font

Gokhan Saki vs Khalil Rountree 

Yancy Medeiros vs Mike Perry 

Paulo Costa vs Uriah Hall

Really like all those fights. Wonder what the co-main will be. Any ideas? Guessing a title fight but nothing jumping out. 

1 hour ago, wandshogun09 said:

UFC 226 is shaping up nicely. 

Stipe Miocic vs Daniel Cormier 

Raphael Assuncao vs Rob Font

Gokhan Saki vs Khalil Rountree 

Yancy Medeiros vs Mike Perry 

Paulo Costa vs Uriah Hall

Really like all those fights. Wonder what the co-main will be. Any ideas? Guessing a title fight but nothing jumping out. 

Ariels confirmed Francis Ngannou Vs Derrick Lewis for the card too. 

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Ariels confirmed Francis Ngannou Vs Derrick Lewis for the card too. 

Fuck yes. I love that fight and was hoping that's the one they would go with all along. As fans, we can't lose no matter who wins this fight. 

• Paid Members

Love Ngannou vs Lewis. Let's find out who the top Black Beast is in the UFC. 

If they end up putting Holloway vs Ortega on this as Guy suggested, then this will be one of my favourite cards of the year. 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Guy Bifkin said:

I'm hoping for Holloway vs Ortega.

Get in. MMAJunkie confirming Holloway vs Ortega for 226! Over the moon with that. As cool as the Khabib fight would've been, Holloway vs Ortega is where it's at for me right now. Could see either of these vs Khabib down the line but right now them fighting each other for the 145 belt is perfect. 

Archived