The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beat Fedor in Sambo as well before he went on his losing streak. The best fighter arguably outside maybe Vitaly Minakov, former Bellator champion outside the UFC.

Greg Hardy the guy accused of domestic violence and dropped from the NFL is on that Contenders show as well, scumbag but no worse than Mayweather minus the drawing ability, he's only 2-0 as an Amateur.

On 26/04/2018 at 1:15 PM, Egg Shen said:

Ooops.

In other news, Blagoi Ivanov has finally signed with the UFC. Arguably the top heavyweight outside of the UFC for the last few years, currently 16-1. Great signing.

Junior Dos Santos will be welcoming him to the octagon in July

• Paid Members

So would I. But Chuck vs Tito 3 is a dead fight to me, regardless of the promoter. I don't think Chuck should be fighting but, whatever my opinion is, his comeback after 8 years out of the game should be huge. Instead it feels like a nothing fight. And that's largely because the rivalry is done at 2-0, there can't be a trilogy and the fact Tito is involved drags it down anyway because stuck around years past his best and outstayed his welcome. Anything involving Tito now just feels stale. 

Also, the money will be nice for Chuck but legacy-wise this offers nothing for him, does it? He's already 2-0 over Tito, and decisively. There was no question who the better man was, it was answered clearly over their two fights. There's nothing to gain for Chuck by doing a third fight, other than legally getting to smack him in the face again. If he KOs Tito again it doesn't really add to his legacy. But he runs the risk of losing and giving Tito the last laugh in their rivalry. And I think there's a good chance that happens considering Tito has been active for most of the time Chuck's been gone. I can see Tito beating him. And that's going to be shite. 

If Chuck was going to insist on fighting again, I wish he'd gone to Bellator instead. Liddell vs Sonnen, Liddell vs Wandy 2, Liddell vs Fedor, Liddell vs Cro Cop...all way more appealing than reheating a rivalry with Tito that realistically died in 2006. Guess Golden Boy are offering more money though. 

• Paid Members

For all the talk that UFC 225 is stacked, 226 is just as good IMO, arguably better. Look at this shit, and the card's not even complete yet;

Stipe Miocic vs Daniel Cormier - Heavyweight Title

Max Holloway vs Brian Ortega - Featherweight Title

Francis Ngannou vs Derrick Lewis 

Raphael Assuncao vs Rob Font

Gokhan Saki vs Khalil Rountree 

Mike Perry vs Yancy Medeiros

Paulo Costa vs Uriah Hall 

Anthony Pettis vs Michael Chiesa 

Jamie Moyle vs Emily Whitmire 

Curtis Millender vs Max Griffin 

I mean, fuck! I'm not joking when I say every single fight there (bar Moyle vs Whitmire) I'm genuinely interested and invested in. Top 3 fights speak for themselves. Holloway vs Ortega especially is one of my most anticipated fights of 2018. Really happy they've rescheduled Pettis vs Chiesa. Can't wait to see Saki back in there and Rountree is a legit test for him. Perry-Medeiros has FOTN written all over it. Paulo Costa is a monster and a real 'one to watch'. Even Millender vs Griffin, that's going to fly under radars but Millender looked fantastic in his UFC debut, stopping Thiago Alves. And Griffin handily beat Mike Perry last time out. 

Wicked card this is. Actually think I like it better than 225. 

• Paid Members

Dana White has confirmed that the plan is for GSP to fight Nate Diaz at lightweight at UFC 227 on August 4th. He also confirmed that they're looking to do a Alexander Gustafsson vs Luke Rockhold fight on the same card.

This is the show with TJ vs Cody 2 headlining by the way. Awesome card if these fights come off. 

And GSP going from 185 in his last fight down to 155 is clearly with an eye on that McGregor fight down the line. And no doubt he's also looking to become the first 3 weight UFC champ. I can honestly see him doing it as well. If he pulls this off then he's so far ahead in the GOAT race that he'll have lapped everyone else a few times over. Can't see Nate doing much against him, but it'll be interesting to see how Georges looks at 155. Probably be a better fit for him than 185 was. 

Archived