The Why Don't You Get a Job Thread

kendal mint cake

• Paid Members

Update on the big team reshuffle, we all got shown a floor plan of where each team will sit, so everyone on the floor got to go dib their new seat. Then my new TL comes in and says, actually I've given our team a seating plan. Like we're fucking 10 years old. Bet she sits us boy/girl, the cock.

I hate seating plans at work, especially when they get swapped round for no reason. In a place where I used to work, my slug-like team leader used to have them all the time. I'd make it known that I thought she only did them to justify her own position because she didn't do much work apart from berate people.

• Paid Members

IT project manager. I've worked with the company for 9 years and spent 6 years in a previous role that was based in a local office with some home working allowed. When I got this role, the rest of the team were home based so I followed suit. It involved a lot of travel to other offices so wasn't really a work at home job until recently when the company policy on travel changed and we've been challenged to save millions on our travel so I'm pretty much 100% home based, directing work all over the uk but never meeting people like my new boss.

• Paid Members

IT project manager. I've worked with the company for 9 years and spent 6 years in a previous role that was based in a local office with some home working allowed. When I got this role, the rest of the team were home based so I followed suit. It involved a lot of travel to other offices so wasn't really a work at home job until recently when the company policy on travel changed and we've been challenged to save millions on our travel so I'm pretty much 100% home based, directing work all over the uk but never meeting people like my new boss.

I was heading in that direction career wise, having been the Finance lead for IT projects with a view to move into direct project management, but then moved into Commercial Finance for another company. I'm happy enough with my current role and it offers strong development opportunity, but i'd sure like to work in my underwear 5 days a week.

• Paid Members

I'd cut off a nut to work from home. I'd cut off a nut to be in a job I don't despise tbh.

Don't say that too loud, you'll have agency's on the phone offering you a job as a eunuch. Probably in a "diverse team" (read cunts and or incompetents) and "fast growing, dynamic business" (read terribly understaffed).

I worked from home for a few months and it killed me, I went absolutely crazy and became ridiculously unproductive. It also might have been that it was the tail end of me working for myself in a little company and at the time I hated it and the people I was in business with. Was so glad to sack it off and go back to work. 

I worked from home for a few months and it killed me, I went absolutely crazy and became ridiculously unproductive. It also might have been that it was the tail end of me working for myself in a little company and at the time I hated it and the people I was in business with. Was so glad to sack it off and go back to work. 

• Paid Members

Gave my two weeks notice today. Boss man was OK about it, although obviously not pleased. He said to give him a ring when I get back because I'm such a good salesman (meetings secured with Boots and Unilever in the last week, that's big bonus money if those deals go through). I'll consider that. I don't think I want to do sales much more.

EDIT: Well, boss man just took me aside again and said to me why don't I take a six week unpaid sabbatical and return to work on Monday, October 3rd. Fuck it, I'm well paid. I'll come back.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

Yeah, you're right. The more I think about it, the more sense it makes to stay and not having the headache of trying to find something when I get back. To be honest, it isn't the worst sales job I ever had and really it's only appointment setting, with a small tight knit team. And as I say, it's really well paid with excellent incentives. So, yeah, I feel good!