The Food Thread

Devon Malcolm

I thought I'd post a photo or two of my visit to a restaurant today. It's called Buddy's Bar & Grill in the Strathbungo area of Glasgow. It's been getting rave reviews as an authentic American style restaurant serving up food that is man vs food inspired.

This is what I had:

999236_10151853485827031_1309590985_n.jpg

This is called "The Duke" it's the same as a double western burger on the menu with addition of pulled pork. A western burger itself is two quarter pound burgers, two cheese slices, applewood smoked bacon, a large onion ring and sweet BBQ sauce. They add half a pound of pulled pork to the burger for "The Duke"

I also had two sides pictured below with Cajun seasoned fries and beef brisket. The chips were amazing and the brisket was so soft and tender and juicy that it just crumbled in your mouth and had a lovely smoked taste.

1016729_10151853486617031_2033934509_n.jpg

This is their menu to drool over:

1523360_465554683554409_724896279_o.jpg

So that's beer, tea and burgers you've ruined. Just stay away from jaffa cakes, you idiot.

Genuine tip. The lidl own make Jaffa cakes are amazing and better than the big brand and cheaper.

Edited by dangerously420

• Paid Members

A lot of Lidl stuff is better than the mainstream brands they rip off - their Mr. Choc Chocolate Peanuts are way tastier than M&Ms, and their Western Gold bourbon has been winning prizes from various bourbon afficionado societies. I've bought a few bottles so far - their 6 Year Old version is gorgeous. And I'm not even a fan of bourbon generally.

Some mongy post not worth reading

I've reviewed Buddy's a few times on my site - www.jamesvsburger.com. Really like it, but it seems to divide opinion.

Here's a burger I had from Bread Meats Bread in Glasgow. Simple, classic cheeseburger. Delicious.

bmb111.jpg

Edited by neil

Had a visit to Anderson's Bar & Grill in Birmingham on Saturday. Their speciality is large steaks served on a wooden board to share. Below is a 30 ounce Porterhouse steak with sides of peppercorn sauce and sea salt to add to the steak. I had this served well done and it was an easy to cut steak and was melt in your mouth. Very full flavored steak and could tell it had been well rested before cooking and after to acheive a really enjoyable cut of meat.

1010979_10151860515082031_1886314575_n.jpg

Edited by dangerously420

• Paid Members
So that's beer, tea and burgers you've ruined. Just stay away from jaffa cakes, you idiot.

Genuine tip. The lidl own make Jaffa cakes are amazing and better than the big brand and cheaper.

We need a definitive list of own brand/value brand that is better than the full-price stuff. To start:

* Sainsbury's value chocolate digestives are better than McVities (but co-op ones aren't)

* Value tortilla chips are always better, though admittedly that's solely down to evil levels of salt.

I had this served well done

You don't deserve to be let near a decent cut of meat. If you take a nice piece of steak and cook it till it's well done, you'll be left with something that tastes no better than the cheapest cut of beef cooked for a few hours.

Just stop posting about things you clearly know nothing about.