The Food Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Food related post. Got one of those ceracraft ceramic pans last week. Did pancakes first night and it worked like a charm with no oil at all. Since then did Fisk (skinless so tuck a bit) and an awesome cheesesteak sandwich. Still cleans out with a quick wipe, so quite impressed.

I ate a medium rare pork chop last night - it was bloody marvelous. Was aiming for medium all over but even using the oven I couldn't get an evan cook and was well done on one side and medium rare on the bone. I still remember having lunch on my own here years ago on way to JFK and they asked me whether I minded my pork chop pink - what a revelation.

I also ate this on Monday - it was massive and came with chips. I had to cancel my afternoon plans and have a rest on the sofa.

Edited by twelve_grand

• Awards Moderator
Food related post. Got one of those ceracraft ceramic pans last week. Did pancakes first night and it worked like a charm with no oil at all. Since then did Fisk (skinless so tuck a bit) and an awesome cheesesteak sandwich. Still cleans out with a quick wipe, so quite impressed.

Those pans look like a fun gimmick. I do love a good infomercial.

What's fisk?

• Paid Members

Those pans look like a fun gimmick. I do love a good infomercial.

What's fisk?

It's a dish traditionally served with ckips made by fat fingered bastards who are just getting used to typing on an iPad!

I love infomercials too, and have bought some good things (halogen cooker, v-slicer) and some shit (the Hogan grill-lasted about 3 meals).

Like the pan as I can crank it up to a much higher heat than normal non-stick and it sears great. Nice bit of rump steak last night seared to perfection and cooked to a juicy medium with just a couple of tablespoons of water swilled round the pan to collect the onion and mushroom juices as well as the meat. Wonderful.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I just had the BEST roast beef sandwich (on a lovely Vienna roll) from the food market in the Arndale Centre. The best, Jerry, the best. That'll do me for a (birthday) meal as well, I had to eat it in two shifts.

• Paid Members
LOVE infomercials! I've got such wonderful things, The Jack Lalanne Power Juicer, Magic Bullet and more that have found their way to the depths of the cupboards.

The Jack L Lanne Power Juicer looks awesome. I remember watching that years ago on one of the shopping channels. Just put the fruit in whole and bingo! If it's as good as they say it's probably a good way of disposing of a body as well.

• Paid Members
LOVE infomercials! I've got such wonderful things, The Jack Lalanne Power Juicer, Magic Bullet and more that have found their way to the depths of the cupboards.

The Jack L Lanne Power Juicer looks awesome. I remember watching that years ago on one of the shopping channels. Just put the fruit in whole and bingo! If it's as good as they say it's probably a good way of disposing of a body as well.

It's frightening.

Forbes: "You put a whole potato in there!?"

Edited by Kookoocachu

• Paid Members

It's frightening.

It's amazing really, you just put whole fruit (or veg) in there and it turns to mush in seconds. Some of those shakes looked bloody disgusting mind. Would still buy one just to see if it lived up to my expectation.

• Paid Members

It's frightening.

It's amazing really, you just put whole fruit (or veg) in there and it turns to mush in seconds. Some of those shakes looked bloody disgusting mind. Would still buy one just to see if it lived up to my expectation.

It destroys everything. Bit of a bitch to clean but apparently the newer ones are better.

• Paid Members

I've had the Magic Bullet for years, and it does exactly as it shows on the advert. Excellent as a spice mill too. Made pancakes with that and my ceracraft pan this morning. Infomercial magic!

• 7 months later...
  • Paid Members

Bad news and good news. The ceracraft pan turned out to be a bag of shite. Fine for the first few weeks, then bang, everything stuck like glue. Advice from JML? Use oil, and start all food cooking in a cold pan. Twats. Going back whethere they like it or not.

Good new is I bought myself an Actifry. Used it for chunky chips last night. Not bad, texture was a little rubbery for me. Just done a pile of fries sized chips and bingo. Crispy, tasted more fried than last nights efforts and were damn tasty. Looking forward to trying the other recipes, and roasting some nuts In there over the weekend.