Post a pic('s) of your pet thread

ajmcstyles

3 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

He's the best. Wonderful seeing him happy and tubby a year after we rescued him.

20240110_193704.thumb.jpg.cb4745e590d9f0e14916acc4a87a1471.jpg

Ah that’s lovely!  Our boy was a skinny lad when we took him home and now he chonk. 

• Paid Members

It's possible that since I last posted regularly on here that we've had 100% turnover of pets. Manny, the best cat, passed away in 2021 from what was probably stomach cancer. He had a reasonable 12 year innings, not long enough, and his ashes are over the TV in the bedroom.

In 2017 we got Margot, who was a very underdeveloped 10 day old who we brought home in a bag from a wig store. She's now a round lump with a bad attitude.

In 2021, not long before Manny started his decline, we got Hiccup (sitting straight up on the bed); he was on Craiglist, someone found him covered in pain in the basement of the building she lived in. He had some issues with his urethra, but special food seems to have put that right, and he's grown into a right lad. Loves being picked up and hurled across the room, he comes running right back for more.

Finally, after we moved to North Carolina, we got Tiptoe in late 2022. She's the one in the tree. She was picked up off the streets of Raleigh, and only weigh sabout 7lbs, less than half the size of the other two. She lies in wait in the bedroom most of the time, and only comes out to eat, drink, and go "fishing" for us, to lure into the bedroom. 

Oh, and we've got five chickens called Blanche, Sophia, Rose, Dorothy, and Count Bessie.

image.thumb.jpeg.3f4218025dbad7fe62f5e273f83ad8c4.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a38a9d9817cf3ce2e71464dc3bc3fedf.jpegs

image.thumb.jpeg.8f7449cc81fd1548b0519b2fa04b7156.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.71986fe4872ed0660e2f849d45e0962a.jpeg

• Paid Members

Freddie, the super-shy and nervous cat we rescued has now been with us for 3-and-a-half years and is thriving.

IMG_1391.thumb.jpeg.addd426a1316b279e80e6507bc9b0a52.jpeg

IMG_1296.thumb.jpeg.5e2145809f6094b0cec2f6b87dd0c829.jpeg

IMG_1236.thumb.jpeg.7f8cad35c6a408c117a6ba54c9db6115.jpeg

IMG_1456.thumb.jpeg.8172d64ab665383b798e5ed0dbd84d31.jpeg

IMG_1388.jpeg

Edited by Scratch

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

It's so weird seeing her as an old girl now, given that you posted a photo of her as a puppy (at least, I could've sworn you did). Doesn't seem that long ago.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

It's so weird seeing her as an old girl now, given that you posted a photo of her as a puppy (at least, I could've sworn you did). Doesn't seem that long ago.

Yes, I have the same memory, and it really doesn't feel such a long time ago.

That's something which has got me down, to be honest. UKFF years seem to match those of dogs, and Manny having died three years ago seems a counterfactual: not possible because it doesn't feel to me that three years have passed since I was previously reading about him!

I also recall when Margot was a new addition to @Sergio Mendacious's family, and she must be senior now.

It's a real downer, isn't it, how short the lives of our four-legged family members are. I try not to think about it (they're both a picture of good health) but the fact that my girls are now 12 and 13 causes me some uncomfortable reflection increasingly often.

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Carbomb said:

I know exactly what you mean. I was thinking about it myself as I remember the first photo I took of her when she came home. She was about 2 or 3 so not quite a puppy but the time has flown and it's only in the last year that she's started showing her age but it has come on quite fast ..

A couple from the last week. 

Nova excellently looking after a very poorly 11yo. The fact she had just finished a chocolate bar that she wanted some of has no bearing on where she is sat. Honestly. 

spacer.png

Ozzy with his paw on Lunars head, letting her know who rules that house. 

spacer.png

And Ozzy caught with one of his many girlfriends. He is the slag of the road, and with good reason, he's a very handsome boy clearly. 

spacer.png

Lunar and Ghost enjoying a rare moment of calm between them.

spacer.png

Ghost is quite frankly a shit to walk, and we've had to start walking them both in a private park. I highly recommend it to be honest. Tenner for an hour and I'm happy to pay that for the relief (sounds a bit massage parlour-y)

Not every day obviously, we have a small park behind our houses that we go to when it's quiet, but the private park is only a 10 minute drive.

• Paid Members

I don't think I have ever posted any of our pets before, I don't know why but it is time to rectify that. 

This is Grey Ears

20240318_122556.thumb.jpg.67a0cb878293533bf79becaf6df7690c.jpg

she is 10 and she has taken charge of the house since November when we had to have our oldest cat put to sleep. She was 19 and had ruled with an iron claw. Grey ears has a more softly softly approach that involves sitting on your knee and begging for dreamless, or laying on your bed and begging for dreamies. She has a slightly crooked mouth as she got hit by a car when she was 2 and it broke her jaw. The vet did a marvellous job on her and the only real change in her is that now she has a very quiet meow. 

This is Inters

IMG-20210222-WA0001.thumb.jpeg.1c0bf9892912310130e7c853d3aa4082.jpeg

she is Grey Ears sister. She is not a big cat but she has the loudest meow and she loves to complain. She sleeps in a basket under my bed and she snores worse than I do. She spends her days when she isn't asleep trying to work out how to get into the cupboard where the bedding and towels are kept. If you leave that cupboard door even slightly open then she's in like a shot. 

They are a pair of lovely cats, we were devastated by the loss of our oldest cat in November but luckily these pair keep us entertained. 

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I'll be honest, this makes her look cool as fuck.

She isn't cool at all. For example when you find her asleep in the clothes basket or fighting next doors ginger cat, but through the glass door of the conservatory, she isn't cool then, she is an idiot.