Post a pic('s) of your pet thread

ajmcstyles

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

So the little one was fine and we could pick both up start of the week. They've settled well, she's got a few medical bits to sort but it's not slowing her down at all, he's a happy tot right from the start.

Neither seem to be used to a garden or treats, so I'm getting them used to it slowly.

0686M00000clTHjQAM.jpg

0686M00000clHf6QAE.jpg

@Tommy! - my last dog was a yorkie, and he was the best dog I’ve ever owned. A huge personality, cuddly and so considerate of you; doing his best to make you feel better when you were feeling down. Unfortunately, he’s no longer with us - and it’s been bloody tough. I can’t even tell you how much I miss him (it’s probably affected the tone of my posts on here, to be honest - so if I’ve been snippy to anyone, I apologise).

Anyway…those photos really made me smile. Thanks for sharing them. I wouldn’t have hurt so much if owning him wasn’t the most wonderful experience in the world. I’m guessing these are new dogs for you based on your post, and you really are in for the time of your life.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

We're looking after Cassie at the moment. She's a fox terrier whose human, one of our regulars at the pub, is on holiday. She and Sapphire aren't getting on too well, so we're keeping them apart. Sapphire is being EXTRA cuddly as well. If I'm about when my mum gets up to go and open the pub she'll come and sit on me to try and stop me from getting up as well. She turns three tomorrow, so I'll try and find a lovely treat for her while we're shopping. 

20230628_215853.JPG

20230630_121007.JPG

We've been umming and ahing the past few weeks over the best way to keep the dog cool and in the shade but still able to stay outside so he can run about when he wants. I got him a cooling mat and a little pop up shade. But that didn't seem extravagant enough. So stepped it up a notch and bought him his own house. Well actually a child's play house, but you get the idea. Spent all afternoon and evening putting it together. Now to get it all equipped for the summer. Bet he'll hardly go in there after all this.

DSC_1067DSC_1064

IMG-20230703-WA0000

Edited by lars85

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

That looks really good, @lars85!

I arranged something like that for my big girl (for me, really) a few Christmases ago. She seemed to really take to it!

JtFgwXt.jpeg

I know, it's daft to do something like this but how can you not become smitten with this beauty?

Ay3VeYj.jpeg

She turned thirteen a couple of weeks ago. Still as good as ever!

"Listen you little shit, don't forget who's in charge around here!"

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

All pups were fantastic, but have now all gone to loving homes (that my ex was incredibly strict about who could have them, and turned down several people who clearly didn't understand the GS breed) and the girls are sad.

But Ghost was kept. 

spacer.png

There he is, coming to terms that he permanently has to share a house with his massive Mum, 4 rats, a snake, a bearded dragon, a ridiculously stupid cat and 3x mental humans.

It's alright, when he comes to mine, he only has to deal with my mental cat. Bless him.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

That looks really good, @lars85!

I arranged something like that for my big girl (for me, really) a few Christmases ago. She seemed to really take to it!

JtFgwXt.jpeg

I know, it's daft to do something like this but how can you not become smitten with this beauty?

Ay3VeYj.jpeg

She turned thirteen a couple of weeks ago. Still as good as ever!

Is that Heidi Honeycoat?

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Is that Heidi Honeycoat?

Blimey, do you work for MI5? If not, you've got an outstanding memory since I've never used her full name since she was very young!

Here's (comparatively, because she's 12) little sister Pebbles, aka The Genius:

FKSUgoF.jpg

Here's a fairly recent shot, the ĉaption to which is: "This looks like a nice place to work. It'd be a shame if you couldn't get any done."

4hUOiqP.jpg

• Paid Members
On 7/21/2023 at 7:00 PM, Ronnie said:

Blimey, do you work for MI5? If not, you've got an outstanding memory since I've never used her full name since she was very young!

Here's (comparatively, because she's 12) little sister Pebbles, aka The Genius:

FKSUgoF.jpg

Here's a fairly recent shot, the ĉaption to which is: "This looks like a nice place to work. It'd be a shame if you couldn't get any done."

4hUOiqP.jpg

I just remembered you mentioning them on this thread - Heidi Honeycoat and Pebbles Pepperpot. It's pretty distinctive for cats to have surnames, so it's easy to remember!

• Paid Members
On 7/21/2023 at 7:00 PM, Ronnie said:

4hUOiqP.jpg

I have a similar problem...although I don't own these cats, they belong to my niece however her dad didn't want them in the house, so they've stayed at mine (only next door). It's been nearly 2 years now...

spacer.png

spacer.png

I never wanted any pets but now it's got to the point where I can't imagine not seeing them every day.

Edited by Kamran