NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Then to make things more confusing, after calling them War Raiders in that segment, they then talk about The Viking Experience debuting on RAW.

Gargano is an idiot too. Even after saying that not all of the Undisputed Era was out on the stage, he still managed to get blindsided by Roderick Strong

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Gargano is an idiot too. Even after saying that not all of the Undisputed Era was out on the stage, he still managed to get blindsided by Roderick Strong

Yeah, that made him look like a dumb fucker. It was so obvious.

• Awards Moderator

Shayna was absolutely vicious in that match. Nothing in wrestling makes me wince like watching Baszler work over an arm. Unaplogetic heel and the best one they’ve got.

Has the Dijakovic-Lee rematch been dropped then?

Also are the Street Profits really tall or have I never realised how little Erik and Ivar are?

1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Shayna was absolutely vicious in that match. Nothing in wrestling makes me wince like watching Baszler work over an arm. Unaplogetic heel and the best one they’ve got.

Has the Dijakovic-Lee rematch been dropped then?

Also are the Street Profits really tall or have I never realised how little Erik and Ivar are?

Rowan's gimmick in FCW originally was a viking... if Ivar ever gets hurt Rowan could replace him the team could be called Erik Rowan....

Sorry....

• Paid Members

Hideous WWE trope after the opener as the poundland Aces and Eights and the cosplay Basham Brothers had a boring stand off, the director cut approximately 17,000 times between two cameras to dizzy us into thinking something was happening. Horrible. Nearly as bad as that dreadful photo shoot confrontation between Riddle and Cole. Was bad enough that time Goldberg and Steiner did it.

Shayna was the highlight. Even then you had to overlook that they put together a dramatic package for that heinous attack on Sane - who wrestled as normal last night and was fine. Looking forward to Kushida's debut next week. Was surprised War Raiders won. Glad though.

Struggling otherwise. Enjoyed Takeover so trying the weekly shows again but it's not happening. Just don't enjoy Johnny that much. Especially not against Roddy who isn't that good for all his dullness. Him bending over waiting for the match ending DDT was embarrassing. 

Meh.

7 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Hideous WWE trope after the opener as the poundland Aces and Eights and the cosplay Basham Brothers had a boring stand off, the director cut approximately 17,000 times between two cameras to dizzy us into thinking something was happening.

Have to disagree somewhat _rick.  I thought using Carillo as as sacrificial babyface and having the Baldies come and save actually worked very well, and I liked the way they flung those chairs about to keep the Sons at bay.  I'm all in on Ryker too, he feels like a real throwback to a WCW style muscles heel, and in the context of NXT he's going to be pretty useful.

Continuity was absolutely fucked here, no fault of their own.  As you say, you had Saine out with a terrible elbow injury that was fine on Smackers.  And the War Raiders wrestling under the wrong team name and with wrong personal names - also odd.  I guess it shows how mad last minute some of these decisions are!

The tag match was also very good - one of the War/Experience/Raider/Machine's best matches so far, and probably the best one for the Street Prophets as fiery babyfaces.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Loki said:

Have to disagree somewhat _rick.  I thought using Carillo as as sacrificial babyface and having the Baldies come and save actually worked very well, and I liked the way they flung those chairs about to keep the Sons at bay.  I'm all in on Ryker too, he feels like a real throwback to a WCW style muscles heel, and in the context of NXT he's going to be pretty useful.

I don't mind the angle. It was mostly a comment on the hideous work by the director. All of those six guys are new to me. Ryker has a great look but I've no idea what the gimmick was supposed to be. Looked like another Sons of Anarchy rip off.

• Awards Moderator
24 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I don't mind the angle. It was mostly a comment on the hideous work by the director. All of those six guys are new to me. Ryker has a great look but I've no idea what the gimmick was supposed to be. Looked like another Sons of Anarchy rip off.

This week was probably the least Ryker has impressed me. He didn’t stand out as any bigger than the others this episode, which previously he has. I don’t think he was even taller than Carrillo, and since Humberto’s a 205er, can’t be that big and therefore doesn’t lead me to believe in Ryker as a big monster.

Profits-Raiders was good but a nothing show otherwise. Week 7 (?) of biding their time for that Lee-Dijakovic rematch.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator