NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

That must be the biggest carry job Iā€™ve seen in ages with Io/Sane vs the horsewomen. I see why theyĀ wonā€™tĀ do it but theĀ Sky Pirates in theĀ tag chamber would elevate that match massively. Iā€™d bring them up as a tag team post mania then look for some more great joshi workers to work NXT ifĀ Ā theyā€™re out there.

I loveĀ how they had the balls to sellĀ Angelo Dawkins vs Forgotten Son RykerĀ as a big epic stand off. AndĀ it fucking worked! These biker guys areĀ pure jobbersĀ thoughĀ surely.

I think if you workĀ with theĀ Matt Riddle ofĀ that interviewĀ and coolĀ off onĀ the BRO!Ā stuff youĀ could have aĀ star in the making.

22 minutes ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

That must be the biggest carry job Iā€™ve seen in ages with Io/Sane vs the horsewomen.

It's why I can imagine them keeping both in NXT for a while longer. Shafir and Duke have been working with Io and Kairi for a few months now and I can only imagine it being of benefit to both of them.Ā 

I do think they missed a trick saying 'first EVER tag champs' though - clips of how revolutionary the Jumping Bomb Angels were in the 80's interspersed with clips of Io and Kairi would be a great build up for them in my opinion.Ā 

1 hour ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Iā€™d bring them up as a tag team post mania then look for some more great joshi workers to work NXT ifĀ Ā theyā€™re out there.

Thereā€™s loads, Mayu Iwatani, Momo Watanabe, Kagetsu, Hazuki, Starlight Kid(sheā€™s only 16 and already a great talent)Ā and thatā€™s just from the promotion theyĀ picked up Kairi and Io from.

Dash Chisako is a decent brawler, Chihiro Hashimoto is a beast. Ā In terms of talent, Joshi is really strong right now.

Ā 

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, ThumpSquids said:

I kinda like Sky Pirates.

As NXT tag team names go it's one of the better ones, though that isn't saying a lot. It does get Sky Pilot by The Animals in my head, which is a big plus.Ā 

The WorldsĀ Collide tournament filmed on Royal Rumble weekend is good fun. Some interesting matches thrown together between NXT, NXT UK and 205 guys. If you're looking to see every match, watch the battle royal and the next match on the Network, stop it there, watch the free part of it on wwe.com or Youtube, then go back to the Network.

Highlight this line for a SPOILER Velveteen Dream had 5 matches, and wore 5 different sets of attire. I appreciate the Dream.Ā END SPOILER

• Paid Members

The Half Time Heat 6-Man Tag might be my current match of the year. What a fucking blast that was! Clearly strapped for time, yet still wanting to get all their shit in, all six guys looked like they were on fast-forward throughout and it was brilliant. All-action, fast-as-fuck, super-crisp, it was like a classic NXT spot fest on acid. Also, after seeing this, I hope they shoot more matches at the Performance Center, with the fellow wrestlers in the audience. It was great to see all the NXT roster marking out and having fun, booing the heels and cheering the babyfaces. I LOVED this. Five stars.

What the fuck is Ricochet doing in Developmental though? Jesus Christ. The lad should be WWE Champion.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Supremo said:

The Half Time Heat 6-Man Tag might be my current match of the year. What a fucking blast that was! Clearly strapped for time, yet still wanting to get all their shit in, all six guys looked like they were on fast-forward throughout and it was brilliant. All-action, fast-as-fuck, super-crisp, it was like a classic NXT spot fest on acid. Also, after seeing this, I hope they shoot more matches at the Performance Center, with the fellow wrestlers in the audience. It was great to see all the NXT roster marking out and having fun, booing the heels and cheering the babyfaces. I LOVED this. Five stars.

Yep, 100% agree with this. It was like a 2005 DragonGate sprint and it worked perfectly. Big moves, big characters, subtle story work, callbacks and a fun atmosphere. Even that twat right at the front and the two awful chants couldn't take away from how bloody goodĀ this was. Great to hear Shawn going nuts for the lads too.

Edited by Accident Prone

Shawn Michaels: ā€œTo even compare that young man (Velveteen Dream) to me would be a limit to his ceiling and he is that goodā€

When Shawn said that on commentary I thought fuck me, theyā€™ve got a new mega star on their hands here.

Fast forward 3 months when heā€™s in a tag team with No Way Jose.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Supremo said:

What the fuck is Ricochet doing in Developmental though? Jesus Christ. The lad should be WWE Champion.

Oh mate.

The match was fun as hell. I'm all on board for nutty multi men spot fests when there's no stakes. Black and Ricochet excel at that shit. Dream just gets better every time I see him.Ā 

That old cliche that somebody just 'gets it'. Five of these guys spent years plying their trade all over the world. Yet this rookie kid blows them away in terms of joining the dots and projecting themselves as a pro wrestling star. Liked him firing off punches too!