NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Surely they're not taking the belt off Zayn so quickly!?

I think it makes sense if they do. They've just had a very long (predominantly) babyface title run and the main payoff with Zayn was his title win. If they take it off of him, it gives him another chase but with a different twist- trying to get it back from not only an out and out bad guy this time but also his former best friend.

I like the 'face wins title but loses it quickly, even more determined to get it back' angle, it's like a big hope spot, worked very well with Rock/Triple H back in 2000.

• Paid Members

Yeah as an underdog, I like Zayn better chasing. They've done it the right way, he did get his big moment, so you dont feel like an idiot for cheering him on, but it's going be even better if he's chasing Owens in some kind of blood feud.

Im with Pitcos in that it seems early to do this match. There has to be more to come for this feud.

Hey, it's Hideo Itami! He's fighting Finn Balor - or, as Adrian Neville on commentary called him, Finn Ballaw - for a place in the number one contenders' tournament final, against Neville.

If Neville doesnt cut a promo after his (i think) defeat to Balor at Takeover saying "I FOUGHT BALLAW AND BALLAW WON!" its going to be a massive missed opportunity.

Great review again man.

I think it's pretty obvious what the answer is there, unfortunately.

They must have told him to speak monotone due to the accent, thats not a knock on the geordie tongue because im a scouser and i have to slow my speech when im speaking to a non scouser as its hard to grasp certain words if you dont speak that way.

Barretts got the best voice you could hope to have being British in WWE.

Edited by Fanny Pack

• Paid Members

Hey, it's Hideo Itami! He's fighting Finn Balor - or, as Adrian Neville on commentary called him, Finn Ballaw - for a place in the number one contenders' tournament final, against Neville.

If Neville doesnt cut a promo after his (i think) defeat to Balor at Takeover saying "I FOUGHT BALLAW AND BALLAW WON!" its going to be a massive missed opportunity.

Great review again man.

Gold.

• Paid Members

I was always under the impression that KENTA being in NOAH and Devitt working NJPW would mean their paths hadn't crossed.

There are cross-promotional matches in Japan literally all the time. Sometimes guys from one promotion win titles in others, even the big belt. Devitt's first IWGP junior title win, for instance, was taking it back from Noah's Naomichi Marufuji.

Here's KENTA & Eddie Edwards VS Apollo 55 (Devitt & Taguchi) from a Noah show -

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xy0fw9_kenta-eddie-edwards-vs-prince-devitt-ryusuke-taguchi-noah-07-10-2010_sport

Sign me up for a Bull Dempsey action figure. I wouldn't be surprised if he won the championship via nefarious dick heel ways by the end of the year. I love him. He needs to go over Corbin HARD tomorrow night though. Otherwise what i think they are trying to do with him isnt going to work. 

• Paid Members

Absolutely unreal event from top to bottom, aside from the inexplicably boring Bull Dempsey/Baron Corbin match.
Enjoyed the Women's match more than Balor/Neville which was unexpected, and that ending both was utterly brutal and made both look strong.