NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

What the fuck have they done for Devitt's entrance? Nothing against the paint for these specials, but all this crawling on the floor from the get go looks bloody ridiculous if you ask me for Jeff Hardy V2

All i saw was something that was as over as f%ck! The crowd were buying right into it

Just watched the show. Another great showing from the NXT guys.

Itami/Breeze was a good opener, the tag title match was good once it got going after Sin Cara dropped a bollock early on. Corey Graves ripping Becky Lynch on commentary is quite funny, and I thought she had her best outing so far in the four way match. Neville/Balor was great as I expected it would be and Owens/Zayn was brilliant. I will ask though (have put in spoiler tags for anyone who has not yet watched):

have they (WWE) ever done a title switch by referee stoppage before? I'm racking my brain trying to think of one and am coming up empty. i suppose it would act the same way as a submission [spoiler/]

The only poor part was Dempsey/Corbin, which is hopefully finished with now. they ballsed up a clothsline spot were they were both supposed to go out over the top rope, Corbin managed it while Bull didn't and as the camera is on Corbin outside, Dempsey just takes a bump to the outside and the crowd rightly shits on it. Why he didn't just go to the outside and go to the next part I don't know, instead he took the bump as if he was getting chucked out of a royal rumble by a ghost

Overall, like I say another really good NXT. I'm suprised they haven't tried selling these on DVD yet

Edited by WyattSheepMask

have they (WWE) ever done a title switch by referee stoppage before? I'm racking my brain trying to think of one and am coming up empty. i suppose it would act the same way as a submission [spoiler/]

Shawn Michaels vs The British Bulldog for the European Title?[spoiler/]

• Paid Members

Fin Bolar is so cant miss its frightening. That entrance and look would get over massively if they actually run with it on the main roster. They should get a Mattel figure out of that headgear and paint now. Excellent presentation job they've done with him. He's got the entrance, the look and can have brilliant matches. He's amazing.

• Paid Members

I've got only got one problem with the Finn Balor entrance, when he kind of leaps forward with the music with his arms out like a ballet dancer. That bit is super gay. However everything else is ace. I don't care about "making it special occassions" only, he should always have that facepaint, gear and entrance. He looks like a beast in it, without it he's just a vanilla midget.

Tyler Breeze is ready for the main roster now. That furry selfie stick is just the cream on top of his act. What a guy.

I loved Owens/Zayn also. Both are two of the best wrestlers in the world right now. Mad that I saw them wrestle in Orpington about 5-6 years ago, now they're main eventing on the WWE network. Owens offense is probably the most brutal and unbelievable on the roster and Zayn is the most nautral babyface in a decade. He's better than Daniel Bryan in my book. Better talker than most too.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Excited for Calihan's (I can't remember what he's going under now so forgive me for Indy naming) debut next week with his hacker gimmick. A show like NXT it can work perfectly with, messing with lights, broadcasts, messages on titontrons during matches, even the LED ring side would work. Could be great.

You know a wrestling show is great when the missus sits through the whole show and doesnt talk (apart from the odd question about the show itself)

Zayn v Owens was my MOTN, wonderful storytelling, have followed both guys for near enough their entire careers and seen many a bout between the two but this was refreshing and Im looking forward to so much more between the two.

Loved the show, the action was great minus the bull/corbin match. Loved both big singles matches but thought the women's match was my MOTN. Constant action, believable throughout and I'm now a fan of each of them. First NXT show I've watched and I think this will be joining Lucha Underground on my watch list each week.