Worst Ring Attire - In part or whole

tiger_rick

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Unless I've missed it, has nobody mentioned this brainshit yet?

pirate.jpg

It was the most over he ever was, and at least gave him some character to play up to.

Lets face it he needed all the help he could get.

• Paid Members
He still looked a dickhead.

At least he was a dick head who got a reaction. ;)

I don't mind things like that because there is a reason. If he dressed like that but didn't pretend to be a pirate I'd say he looks a twat but as is I can look past it and buy into it a bit.

There is obviously a line, but I thought that looked all right for a would be pirate. Wasn't it at the peak of the Depp in that film love too?

• Paid Members
There is obviously a line, but I thought that looked all right for a would be pirate. Wasn't it at the peak of the Depp in that film love too?

It was, which was obviously the inspiration for the gimmick. Vince, however, had never seen or heard of Pirates of the Carribean, didn't really get the Burchill gimmick, (he was expecting something more akin to Jean-Pierre Lafitte, apparently) which was why it got canned. Or so the story goes.

• Paid Members

I love when Vince doesn't get characters. There stories from those writers weeks in the Observer are the best things ever. He didn't understand Rob Van Dam and Sabu, and when they got busted for canadis, he was supposedly a bit happy that he was proved right when they fucked up. Another one was that he didnt get how Chris Benoit was over at all. One of the writers said on his first day, he suggested to Vince that they turn Chris Benoit heel on Rey Mysterio and have him side with Chavo. Vince responded in the negative saying "the guy cant even cut a babyface promo, how do you expect him to do as a heel" and just shook his head at the stupidity of the suggestion.

I love when Vince doesn't get characters. There stories from those writers weeks in the Observer are the best things ever. He didn't understand Rob Van Dam and Sabu, and when they got busted for canadis, he was supposedly a bit happy that he was proved right when they fucked up. Another one was that he didnt get how Chris Benoit was over at all. One of the writers said on his first day, he suggested to Vince that they turn Chris Benoit heel on Rey Mysterio and have him side with Chavo. Vince responded in the negative saying "the guy cant even cut a babyface promo, how do you expect him to do as a heel" and just shook his head at the stupidity of the suggestion.

Lets not forget Scott Hall using Scarface as a charachter launching board and Vince not having seen it

It was, which was obviously the inspiration for the gimmick. Vince, however, had never seen or heard of Pirates of the Carribean, didn't really get the Burchill gimmick, (he was expecting something more akin to Jean-Pierre Lafitte, apparently) which was why it got canned. Or so the story goes.

Really niether you nor Vince heard of Pirates of the Carribean? Come on!

• Paid Members

Really niether you nor Vince heard of Pirates of the Carribean? Come on!

I had, Vince was more of a What's Eating Gilbert Grape man I think.

the 'binman' look that Tazz had going on was god awful

5330865d-4926-4402-838c-38159d184ee6.jpg

Hated it when Val Venis switched to the white pants, white boots look, even though he had a fairly decent run with that look it still screamed jobber

Always loved Bret Hart's attire, but he had an awful black singlet splattered with semen which i detested.

Is it just me who's always kinda assumed that story was complete and utter bollocks? Just doesn't sound quite believable.

• Moderators

There's HTM's "Baby Blue" theory that when you're on the outs with WWE, they'll dress you in baby blue attire. HTM, Don Muraco, Greg Valentine I remember him mentioning. Probably a few others as well.

Archived