The cookery thread

Philo_Vance

• Paid Members

What thread were tv chefs being chastised? I don't care, I need to vent so it's going in here. Was Nigel Slater mentioned as being particularly obnoxious cunt? He's on Saturday Kitchen right now which is shite at the best of times but he's really stirring my trifle this morning. Why does he talk like that? Every time he says a word with an s in it it gives me the creeps. All the dishes he cooks looks absolutely shite as well. I hope he gets E.coli from some unpassshteurised cheesesss.

Donal Skehan is presenting, I'd never heard of him till this and I wished it had stayed that way.

Edited by stumobir

• 4 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

Mike Honcho! Get in this thread right now so we can talk home-made pasta  :nerd:. Not pasta that comes out of a fucking tin.

I'm really into pasta making at the moment. It's so darn satisfying. I made a tagliatelle carbonara the other day. Took rotten pictures of it though:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ82GVMDRf_/

I think it's incredible that you can take a couple of eggs and some flour and you get this soft, pliable dough out of it. Tastes so good fresh too.

Edited by Onyx2

Yeah I thought that looked great when it popped up on my Instagram.  Seriously, if you're on there and you aren't following Onyx2, you're missing out.  Very inspirational stuff and makes me want to get cooking.

• Awards Moderator

Aw thanks. I had genuinely written out in my previous post a public thankyou for liking pretty much everything I put on there but thought you might not want the shout out. I was wrong. Cheers!

• Awards Moderator

I follow the big spud page, but not on Instagram. I'll have to have a gander.

It's obviously much easier to update Instagram than a whole blog post. Plus if I'm just eating out or making something I've made before I'll slap it on there.

• Awards Moderator

I haven't got an Instagram, but I might sign up. #EATFILTHY and proud here. Might even put up some of the Mauritian dishes I cook too.

Go for it Bombcar! I know nothing about Mauritian food.

Now I've got a bunch of new followers and I'm trying to work out who's who... Stumobir was quite an easy one :laugh:

Edited by Onyx2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Can anyone recommend and nice places to eat in Edinburgh round the Royal Mile. Family owned Italians, steaks, that kind of thing. I'm posing a similar question in #eatclean for Kebabs and stuff.

There's an Indian/Thai fusion place on the Royal Mile but the name escapes me. I had dinner there with the missus recently and it was fantastic. They serve a great Pad Thai with extra little dishes of fish sauce, chillies and ground nuts to add as you like.

Edit: it's called Shamoli I think!

Edited by MungoChutney