The cookery thread

Philo_Vance

• Paid Members

Would imagine the guests will be a bit annoyed that you've cooked it on the wrong day though.

Due to my strict Victorian values, we go 19th century style and have Christmas Dinner on Christmas Eve. Leaves tomorrow free to visit the relatives and less stressful.

Turkey boned, rolled and trussed. EbN5ayw.jpg

Stuffed with sage and onion. 2 hours roasting should do it. Didn't quite get enough skin on it so might add some bacon to the exposed end.

Looks excellent. Will need to try that one year, can't get the bastard in the oven to temp. Breast is at 167, but legs still at 155 for some reason.

• Awards Moderator

Can't get the bastard in the oven to temp. Breast is at 167, but legs still at 155 for some reason.

You work in Fahrenheit? You are old.

Legs cook slower due to the large amounts of myoglobin and collagen. It's the classic turkey dilemma. There are quite a few solutions but they're probably all too late for you

• Paid Members

Can't get the bastard in the oven to temp. Breast is at 167, but legs still at 155 for some reason.

You work in Fahrenheit? You are old.

Legs cook slower due to the large amounts of myoglobin and collagen. It's the classic turkey dilemma. There are quite a few solutions but they're probably all too late for you

You can cook it upside down on trestle, ice the breasts before cooking or just keep the breast moist with bacon.

Yes. Yes I am. Also, most of my cookery books are American, and BBQing is always in fahrenheight so I just default to it. Turned out fine with some deftly placed foil. Already smothered with bacon, of which I ate most of as I was cooking.

IMG_20161224_182932_970.jpg

Call me Snoop Dogg cos' I've got some massive joints.

Just finished a frigging enormous Christmas dinner, but they have made me hungry.