The cookery thread

Philo_Vance

• Paid Members

Final pic. In all seriousness, a wonderful meal. Altered my usual pork belly cooking method. Went for 30 mins on 240. 2 hours on 140 and then a final 20 minutes on 240 before resting. Works an absolute treat and gets the skin unbelievably crispy.

Only recommendation I would make is marinating overnight, because I want more garlic taste.

20161210_185710.jpg

• Paid Members

Tesco in Didsbury have started putting their fresh loaves right on the shelves unrapped for people to bag themselves. It's the only supermarket in the area that does nice fresh bread (no bakers around anymore), but people are walking past sneezing, coughing and farting all over them.

Saw a guy who looked like he was giving himself a prostate examination go straight from that to picking up a very nice looking bloomer, smelling it, them putting it back. Probrably smelt like shit due to the depth his finger went.

Have complained to Tesco, but they have stated it's part of an initiative that is going national. It's not like you can wash bread like you can fruit and veg. Fucking fuming.

• Paid Members

Just bought the Turkey. 10 1/2 pound Roly Poly from Aldi. Had one last year and it was fucking awesome. Nice then the free range one I bought from Tesco the year before.

Bought a small normal turkey as well to freeze so I can smoke it in a few months.