WWE Raw 2/1/12 "It Begins" Discussion Thread

Cobra1000

• Paid Members
Yeah but Cena wasn't WWE's Disney cartoon until September 2011, he was quality programming until then.

It's because in August, he said "shit" and in September, he said "poopy".

Give the guy a break, perhaps it was a type and he meant September 2001.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's one of the oddest opinions I've ever seen. "Wrestling was great until September 2011, then it went crap."

If you read my post properly I said:

"However since September 2011 the WWE have been starting to lose their ability to produce quality programming which is unfortunate".

As you can see I was referring to the WWE not wrestling in general.

Thankfully there are good alternatives to the WWE, such as

TNA

ROH

PWG

Other American independents

NJPW

AJPW

NOAH

Dragon Gate

Other Japan independents

From Mexico

AAA

CMLL

From the UK

IPW

WAW

NBW Southside

WWE are taking their fans for granted and in doing so have now become very complacent when it comes to the programming that they are providing.

I love how the people on this board jump on flaming bandwagons. Someone comes along with an alternative opinion, and everyone jumps on board to abuse and bully him away. Give Dingo a break.

Have you actually read his posts? It's clearly the other way round, he responds to people who have a positive opinion in various threads and doesn't respond with discussion, just some banal trolling shit about WWE being shit.

• Paid Members
"However since September 2011 the WWE have been starting to lose their ability to produce quality programming which is unfortunate".

As you can see I was referring to the WWE not wrestling in general.

Thankfully there are good alternatives to the WWE, such as

TNA

ROH

PWG

Other American independents

NJPW

AJPW

NOAH

Dragon Gate

Other Japan independents

From Mexico

AAA

CMLL

From the UK

IPW

WAW

NBW Southside

How many of these produce 5 hours of weekly television that is anywhere near the standard WWE does?

Also how many are actually making a healthy profit? last I heard the Japanese scene was a complete mess.

That's not the case at all. He says something and gets called up on it, and then alters or ignores the points made. That's not bullying.

This.

Dingo is just pulling a Happ Hazzard.

• Paid Members
Jericho segment was irritating and piss poor.

Expected something heelish to happen,after he'd worked the crowd into a frenzy.

Then he just fucked off.

Sounds pretty heelish to me

• Paid Members
How many of these produce 5 hours of weekly television that is anywhere near the standard WWE does?

I'm so glad you brought this up Mart, because I was going to mention it. In fact, you can say 6 hours- including both Superstars and NXT. In those 6 hours they also need to sell their PPV's, which contain the bigger, longer 'PURE~' matches that Jonyp in particular craves.

If they filled their weekly shows with these matches, why would anyone buy a PPV to see them happen?

1999 from an entertainment point of view was brilliant. However as everybody has said (and as I remember stating in a thread last year), in-ring it was pretty shit from a 'wrestling' perspective. 2000 picked up big time, and continued for the next 2/3 years in that sense. But the era we all associate with 'Attitude' was not about great in-ring product.

Archived