WWE Raw 2/1/12 "It Begins" Discussion Thread

Cobra1000

I have actually been watching all those alternatives that I listed mainly due to not enjoying the current WWE product as much as I used to.

You seem to still watch it every week though, then Fin Martin yourself into a frenzy about John Cena.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have actually been watching all those alternatives that I listed mainly due to not enjoying the current WWE product as much as I used to.

You seem to still watch it every week though, then Fin Martin yourself into a frenzy about John Cena.

Cena is the main WWE cash cow, he draws a large audience to the product, he is very popular among kids and women, he sells tons of merchandise and has the right look.

Even though I do not like John Cena myself he is what he is, he does what he does and has been very successful in doing so.

• Paid Members
I can't decide who the bigger tool is. Dingo Warrior or Jonyp.

Dingo Warrior is a troll. Jonyp is a plank. So I'd go with the latter by some distance. Dingo has become my first person ever properly on ignore, though, I don't know why people are wasting their time with him, he really is very boring indeed. Same goes for crazyshady, who has gone on ignore as well. This thread looks SO much better when their posts are obliterated, trust me.

Jericho's return was brilliant. They tried something completely different and ran with it. It was audacious and really fucking funny. I can see why people hated it but I nearly pissed myself when he just walked off.

The Kane segment at the end was crap, though, but I'm interested to see how it develops to see what they do with Cena.

Punk v Ziggler wasn't nearly as good as several weeks ago but still excellent, as was Sheamus absolutely battering The Miz. Rest of the show was so-so.

What's also interesting about the Jericho angle is that in an era where pretty much every storyline has been done before, WWE have devised a completely original, interesting storyline for the return of one of their biggest stars.

• Paid Members
The Kane segment at the end was crap, though, but I'm interested to see how it develops to see what they do with Cena.

WWE have been running headlines and quotes about how Kane is going to force Cena to 'embrace the hate'.

Whilst I seriously doubt this has anything to do with a Cena heel turn I think it is a very clever way of utilising Cena and setting him up/keeping him busy before the hard push to Wrestlemania starts. It keeps him strong and freshens him up slightly as he's away from the title and his regular opposition.

I also love it when one guys eggs another on in this type of angle. Kurt Angles manipulation of Eddie Guerrero and egging him on during the Chavo/Eddie feud of early 2004 was beautifully told, leading to Angles heel turn and their Wrestlemania XX Match. I hope the same thing can happen here.

• Paid Members
Jericho's return was brilliant. They tried something completely different and ran with it. It was audacious and really fucking funny. I can see why people hated it but I nearly pissed myself when he just walked off.

Whoever devised that was brilliant. On paper, I wouldn't be sure the crowd would turn on Jericho. Even a minute or so before the end, there was still a massive Y2J chant. And then the boo's kicked in. It worked beautifully. I'm torn now. I'd quite like to see them play on the promo vids and have him be a little bit darker. That gif of the flashing jacket is just incredible though and cheesy is his forte. Either way, I think we'll win.

It was all a little bit hokey until Cena saved Ryder. The ending saved it for me though. What a fantastic image, the fire coming through the ring. It was pretty unique for Kane and Cena and Ryder really sold the threat. Great ending. Absolutely no idea where this goes now. Kane kidnapping and brain washing Ryder could be fun. Sounds a bit too WCW though.

The above screen shot is that of the NJPW Wrestle kingdom show playing through my VLC Player from yesterday.

You might have missed this post:

NJPW have just had their Wrestle Kingdom show which from an in ring perspective blew away anything the WWE has offered in the past few months.

Just to play Devil's Advocate here:

WKIV was only posted online at 5.20am.

That version was 3.09 GB and 273 minutes (4 and a half hours long)

In order to have watched it by 1.40pm, you would have had to start watching it at 7.10am.

Hour and 50 minutes to download 3.09 GB? Possible.

Being up at 5am in the morning just to download then watch the show? Maybe.

Odds you actually did watch all of the show and aren't being a troll? Definitely fucking not.

NJPW have just had their Wrestle Kingdom show which from an in ring perspective blew away anything the WWE has offered in the past few months.

Just to play Devil's Advocate here:

WKIV was only posted online at 5.20am.

That version was 3.09 GB and 273 minutes (4 and a half hours long)

In order to have watched it by 1.40pm, you would have had to start watching it at 7.10am.

Hour and 50 minutes to download 3.09 GB? Possible.

Being up at 5am in the morning just to download then watch the show? Maybe.

Odds you actually did watch all of the show and aren't being a troll? Definitely fucking not.

Here is my list

Started download at 0627

Filesize was 3.1 GB

Downloaded file in 1 hour 35 Minutes

Started to watch at 0805

Skiped certains parts such as ring intro's

I actually woke up at 6.00am that morning.

As far as my other posts are concerned I was only offering my alternative opinion in regards to how I see the WWE as it stands today.

What I have noticed on this forum is that there are a certain percentage of people who are very pro WWE and if they find the WWE entertaining then that is their prerogative.

But it is plainly obvious that there are some people on here who are not prepared to acknowledge any other viewpoints other than their own but again that is their prerogative.

I actually watched the first half of the show.

What did Shelton Benjamin refer to himself as?

What did Rocky Romero say after the first match?

What was special about Apollo 55's entrance?

Who botched in the CMLL/NJPW 8-man match?

What is Okada's new ring name?

Who got put through a table?

Archived