WWE Raw 2/1/12 "It Begins" Discussion Thread

Cobra1000

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

What did Shelton Benjamin refer to himself as? Spot Monkey

What did Rocky Romero say after the first match? I'm blowing out my arse

What was special about Apollo 55's entrance? He had a sparkly jacket and said COME ON BABY for 10mins then left

Who botched in the CMLL/NJPW 8-man match? Sin Cara

What is Okada's new ring name? Okada II

Who got put through a table? Mae Young

• Paid Members

someone mentioned Toilet Side?Anyhow, got round to fully wtahcing this today, nice little match between Ziggles and Punk, can't wait until they meet again at the Rumble, expecting some form of tag next week (probably involving Swagger and Ryder) so that could be interesting enough to look forward too as well.

• Paid Members

Jericho's return was brilliant. They tried something completely different and ran with it. It was audacious and really fucking funny. I can see why people hated it but I nearly pissed myself when he just walked off.

Whoever devised that was brilliant. On paper, I wouldn't be sure the crowd would turn on Jericho. Even a minute or so before the end, there was still a massive Y2J chant. And then the boo's kicked in. It worked beautifully. I'm torn now. I'd quite like to see them play on the promo vids and have him be a little bit darker. That gif of the flashing jacket is just incredible though and cheesy is his forte. Either way, I think we'll win.

I'm in the slightly unusual position of watching it a full week late and I agree with these posts, which I think might be the case for a lot of people who have either had time to ponder it or hadn't stayed up late to see it live. I thought it was tremendous, and I was also laughing when he left, but I can fully understand why the people who watched it live felt very very differently and I think it's fantastic that they did because it meant it really worked.I think it's ballsy as hell and paves the way for something so much more interesting than any of the alternative return scenarios I've seen people suggest. With regard to the "she" thing, if they do go with it that's potentially intriguing, but I'd be equally content with the videos having nothing to do with anything and just serving as a further slap in the face to the fans from Jericho. Feels like the heel equivalent of what they did with CM Punk, with the self-referential touches and toying with breaking the fourth wall stuff.

Loved reading the early reactions in here to Jericho's return, btw. Funny stuff, especially once the overall reaction started being that people liked it.

Agreed on this too. I don't watch the weekly WWE TV like I used to, but I still try to keep up with results and news and listen to the LAW podcasts and check out anything I think sounds interesting because I still love the wrasslin' even if I don't make as much time for it any more. This thread title reminded me that the "It begins" video pay off would have happened last week ,so I looked it up and found the segment on Youtube. As soon as I watched it I just thought "man, I bet people were PISSED" and then trawled through this entire thread watching people go mental and then start speculating and the whole thing has made me want to watch Raw this week. Thumbs up from me, though admittedly I'm gutted we didn't get Mordecai back.

My mate is of the opinion that the vignettes were for Taker and Jericho has taken him out.Returning to hypocrisy as they booed him when he left yadda yadda that's why he didn't say anything.Taker vs Jericho at 'Mania might be OK but I can't say I'd care to see it as they had an awful SD match 18 months ago.

I actually watched the first half of the show.What did Shelton Benjamin refer to himself as?What did Rocky Romero say after the first match?What was special about Apollo 55's entrance?Who botched in the CMLL/NJPW 8-man match?What is Okada's new ring name?Who got put through a table?

What did Shelton Benjamin refer to himself as?World Class Superstar from what I could make out from the video graphic in the backgroundWhat did Rocky Romero say after the first match?Had a hard time accepting the loss. Words said by him No and ForeverWhat was special about Apollo 55's entrance?Wore space suits with 2001 Space Odyssey playing in background which then blended into Prince Devitt

Archived