WWE Raw 2/1/12 "It Begins" Discussion Thread

Cobra1000

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I've only just watched it but I thought it was great. Something totally different and by the looks of things there's more to come. I thought Jericho did well and was suprised he kept them cheering for so long.

Interested to see where they go.

Out of all of Jericho's comeback/debut's, this for me is probably one of the best. I watched all 3 live and this, even though we strongly suspected Jericho, it was still somewhat uncertain.

That darkness, then the jacket lighting up was f'kin awesome, at first I was like"oh, he's a face", as the promos to me were heelish, then halfway through I could see he was working the crowd. Awesome, then the followup segment on wwe.com just cemented how awesome the man is.

To all the whingers, I think this is a great time for WWE, there appears to more of an emphasis on solid wrestling than there has for years, they are investing in young talent, there is a few old faces back for nostalgia and neither Cena or Orton are champion.

Jericho > IWC

To all the whingers, I think this is a great time for WWE, there appears to more of an emphasis on solid wrestling than there has for years, they are investing in young talent, there is a few old faces back for nostalgia and neither Cena or Orton are champion.

Well after that statement there is only one thing to say

I honestly wish your fingers would fall off. I know everyone's entitled to their opinion but yours is especially dumb.

WWE will always make money regardless of how good the product is as there is no competition.They could have monkeys wrestling and people would still watch it (well with the miz I suppose we're not too far away from that scennario).But hey what do I know,I'm just a tool because I think that the worlds biggest wrestling promotion should have more wrestling.How dare I expect such a thing

But hey what do I know,I'm just a tool

Agreed.

Seconded.

If you want more wrestling, watch NJPW or something similar. With WWE, you know what you're getting so if you don't like that product, find something that makes you happier.

Agreed.

Seconded.

If you want more wrestling, watch NJPW or something similar. With WWE, you know what you're getting so if you don't like that product, find something that makes you happier.

That's exactly what I'm going to do. How outrageous of me to watch World WRESTLING Entertaiment and expect wrestling

• Paid Members

Agreed.

Seconded.

That's exactly what I'm going to do. How outrageous of me to watch World WRESTLING Entertaiment and expect wrestling

They do give you wrestling. WWEs product, their brand of pro-wrestling has been a whole lot more than simply matches for decades and decades now. I'd presume it's been that way for as long as you've existed as well. And it's fucking great like that.

Don't think I've said that once. There were about 5 matches on RAW (I could be wrong there) and only one of them was any good. I'm not asking for 30 minute classics, just decent matches. Just because the PPV's are for the big matches doesn't mean that Raw and Smackdown cant have good matches either

• Moderators

Depends what you mean by good matches. Smackdown tends to have a 15 minute or so match (with fucking wank parity booking) every week, and there's no rule saying a 3 minute TV match can't be any good. Chris Masters and Drew McIntyre managed to have a cracking 90 second match on Smackdown in Feb last year somehow.

Archived