WWE Raw 2/1/12 "It Begins" Discussion Thread

Cobra1000

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Depends what you mean by good matches. Smackdown tends to have a 15 minute or so match (with fucking wank parity booking) every week, and there's no rule saying a 3 minute TV match can't be any good. Chris Masters and Drew McIntyre managed to have a cracking 90 second match on Smackdown in Feb last year somehow.

Absolutely your right, I just would have preferred to see better matches on Raw monday. The 1st match could have been given another 5/10 minutes to make them both look good, they are both very talented in the ring and I believe could have pulled off a very decent match if allowed. Didn't see the point of the Barrett/Sheamus matches when they could have just had them face each in a nice powerhouse battle that puts them both over instead of the drizzle we got.

They could have still done the Miz/Truth thing by just having Miz come to the ring to cut a promo, didn't see the point of having him being battered by Sheamus when they obviously think alot of him (like I've said before I cant stand the Miz but the powers that be obviously do). The Punk/Ziggler match was fine even if it could have maybe been a little longer. Dont see the point of the diva stuff, Just taking up time that could have been used pushing new guys like Clay. It just seemed to be alot of pointless stuff on there and that time could have been used to put more of the mid card guys over. I mean obviously not all the guys on the roster have the abillity to have great matches but the ones that do should be allowed to. That's my opinion anyway

Also regardless of what they call themselves, the initials still mean World Wrestling Entertainment.

• Paid Members
Don't think I've said that once. There were about 5 matches on RAW (I could be wrong there) and only one of them was any good. I'm not asking for 30 minute classics, just decent matches. Just because the PPV's are for the big matches doesn't mean that Raw and Smackdown cant have good matches either

Raw and Smackdown in 2011 featured a whole load of tremendous matches throughout the entire year. Some seriously good matches for free TV. One of, if not the best year for exciting TV matches in years and years.

Quote from PowerButchi

Depends what you mean by good matches. Smackdown tends to have a 15 minute or so match (with fucking wank parity booking) every week, and there's no rule saying a 3 minute TV match can't be any good. Chris Masters and Drew McIntyre managed to have a cracking 90 second match on Smackdown in Feb last year somehow.

ButchReedMark you are well aware as to what JonyP is trying to say and when it comes to responding to a post you have a very good way of trying to avoid the issue that is being raised by the poster.

Quote from ShortOrderCook

Raw and Smackdown in 2011 featured a whole load of tremendous matches throughout the entire year. Some seriously good matches for free TV.

As I have said before up to Summerslam 2011 WWE were still doing a pretty good job, however since Summerslam 2011 the WWE have been going downhill as far as the booking is concerned.

One of, if not the best year for exciting TV matches in years and years.

There have been some good moments in 2011 but to say that it was the best year for exciting TV matches in years and years I would say is rather questionable.

• Moderators
Quote from PowerButchi

ButchReedMark you are well aware as to what JonyP is trying to say and when it comes to responding to a post you have a very good way of trying to avoid the issue that is being raised by the poster.

What are you squawking about now? What was the issue he raised? Jony said he'd like to see good matches on Raw and Smackdown, and I pointed out there are good ones. Although when if comes to responding to a post you have a very good way of not getting it at all and basically just being sick in the "reply" box.

But hey what do I know,I'm just a tool

Agreed.

Seconded.

If you want more wrestling, watch NJPW or something similar. With WWE, you know what you're getting so if you don't like that product, find something that makes you happier.

That's exactly what I'm going to do. How outrageous of me to watch World WRESTLING Entertaiment and expect wrestling

Then go watch amateur wrestling.

In all seriousness though, WWE have done a decent job of increasing the number and length of matches on their tv shows. However they have to hold back on key matches back for their ppv shows. In addition if WWE had just pure matches, it would make badly paced television and would reduce the unique selling points of the ppvs.

But hey what do I know,I'm just a tool

Agreed.

Seconded.

If you want more wrestling, watch NJPW or something similar. With WWE, you know what you're getting so if you don't like that product, find something that makes you happier.

That's exactly what I'm going to do. How outrageous of me to watch World WRESTLING Entertaiment and expect wrestling

Then go watch amateur wrestling.

In all seriousness though, WWE have done a decent job of increasing the number and length of matches on their tv shows. However they have to hold back on key matches back for their ppv shows. In addition if WWE had just pure matches, it would make badly paced television and would reduce the unique selling points of the ppvs.

Again I havent once said I want JUST pure matches, I understand it's entertainment, but a good match between the World Champion and Intercontinental Champion isn't too much to ask

Quote from PowerButchi

What are you squawking about now? What was the issue he raised? Jony said he'd like to see good matches on Raw and Smackdown, and I pointed out there are good ones. Although when if comes to responding to a post you have a very good way of not getting it at all and basically just being sick in the "reply" box.

The issue he was raising was quite simple, WWE do not have as many good matches on Raw or Smackdown as there should be.

Answer me this question.

Do you believe that from the period of September 2011 to December 2011 that WWE have been producing quality programming ?

Quote from PowerButchi

I've enjoyed it largely, and that's what matters to me. The Hall of Pain deal was one of the best things WWE had done in the past 5 years.

That is exactly what I wanted to hear; good I am glad that you have largely enjoyed what the WWE have been doing.

At the same time though you must also accept that there are people such as myself who are not as enthusiastic in regards WWE as you are.

Archived