TildeGuys January Football Transfers Thread

TildeGuy~!

Cool, I though Zaha was a striker rather than Winger, but Im not following as closely as I should at the mo As for the rest ,certainly have merit, but McGugan has been utter shite this time around.

Adomah has been on top form since he got to us last year, won player of the season and got 12 assists in the process. This season he is just carrying on, rather than being zeitgeisty. He has been on fire for about 18 months. If that doesnt get him a move, not sure what will?

Zaha's been playing mainly on the right or left wing rather than right midfield, as Freedman has been using a 4-2-3-1. I really rate McGugan based on what he's done over the past few years but, yes, he's not an automatic starter this year, much to my confusion. However, my meaning was that Adomah's got the right combination of price, ability and reputation, whereas the others have not. In saying that, everybody reckons QPR will sign Ambrose this time around.

Speaking of Zaha, saw this beauty on the BBC Gossip page:

Newcastle scout Peter Beardsley was left red-faced on Monday night after making the 600-mile round trip to London to watch Wilfried Zaha - only to discover the Crystal Palace youngster was suspended.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Zaha's been playing mainly on the right or left wing rather than right midfield, as Freedman has been using a 4-2-3-1. I really rate McGugan based on what he's done over the past few years but, yes, he's not an automatic starter this year, much to my confusion. However, my meaning was that Adomah's got the right combination of price, ability and reputation, whereas the others have not. In saying that, everybody reckons QPR will sign Ambrose this time around.

Cheers for the clarification, Zaha, looks amazing when Ive seen him on the League show, shoe in for a big move at some point?

Bollocks knows what's up with McGugan, bloody fantastic last term and now meh. Ive been skirting around a few Florist forums, and they seem to suggest lazy and fat this season and OOC come seasons end, happyish for him to go

Ambrose to QPR has been a done deal for about 2 years or something daft? He has been linked since at least May 2010 so for it to actually go through would be something.

Got you with the Admoah thing.

Other rumours to come out of ours today:-

Brett Pitman swap with Dave Kitson as confirmed by Portsmouth's Vital football page Cant see it as Pompey are in admin and surely heading towards a transfer embargo. I realise its the parent company that has gone tits up, but suspect there is more than meets the eye as per there.

David Clarkson to Hull for 250K

James Wilson to Swampsea

And pretty much any player at St Johnstone still :(

• Awards Moderator

Cheers for the clarification, Zaha, looks amazing when Ive seen him on the League show, shoe in for a big move at some point?

Zaha has talent, but he's one massive frustration for me. He seems to want his own ball half the time and doesn't seem to know what he's about to do with the it when he gets possession. He's got potential and has time on his side to develop in to a more selfless player, but I've nearly ripped my hair out countless times when he makes the wrong decision.

Zaha has talent, but he's one massive frustration for me. He seems to want his own ball half the time and doesn't seem to know what he's about to do with the it when he gets possession. He's got potential and has time on his side to develop in to a more selfless player, but I've nearly ripped my hair out countless times when he makes the wrong decision.

Cheers dude, So headless chicken/rabbit caught in headlights brigade of sorts? There seems to be a lot of it about, with players gettting the ball, and then going now what the fuck am I supposed to do with it?, Panicking and ending up doing something naff with it. Is this a peculiarity to Brit Football or is it more widespread?

Ambrose to QPR has been a done deal for about 2 years or something daft? He has been linked since at least May 2010 so for it to actually go through would be something.

Warnock really rates him, that's what it is. And to be fair, when he's on form, he's an excellent footballer. However, he basically played through the pain last season and this season has been in and out through injury.

Cheers dude, So headless chicken/rabbit caught in headlights brigade of sorts? There seems to be a lot of it about, with players gettting the ball, and then going now what the fuck am I supposed to do with it?, Panicking and ending up doing something naff with it. Is this a peculiarity to Brit Football or is it more widespread?

I disagree with the severity of the issue but it is there. He has improved. The throughball to Murray at Watford is something he couldn't have done, say, six months ago. His two main flaws are his inability to bring teammates into the game and his hot-headedness and the former is less of a problem with each passing week. He's now more defensively sound, he works harder and his end product is vastly improved. He's dumped full back after full back on their arse. If he could bring his own full back into the game now he's being double-marked, he'd be as complete a player as you'd expect from an 18 year old. And it's down to the manager and coaches actually understanding what you can and can't change in a footballer.

• Paid Members
Other rumours to come out of ours today:-

.......And pretty much any player at St Johnstone still :(

Looking at the St Johnstone squad and having watched them play a few times this season Murray Davidson is the only player they have who could hack it in the Championship.

They are for the most part a horrible team full of hammer throwers.

• Paid Members

BCFC have now confirmed Maynard contract talks are off, and we're looking for bids in January. Unsurprising in that he got fucked off with being a spare wheel in 4-5-1 with the lack of creativity around him, then a second honeymoon in November and now he's the spare wheel in a 4-5-1 with a lack of creativity around him. I don't blame him for feeling that way, but that he spent half a season on the bench of his own doing is highly annoying - that and he's not exactly blameless in the creativity department.

We'll be lucky to get 3M unless it's Leicester where he'll refuse and leave for nothing in July.

I really dont want Ambrose at QPR, we should if signed him 2 years ago when he had that awesome goalscoring season, I still think he is a very good championship player but we already have some of them in Tommy Smith, Mackie, Derry, Bothroyd etc and there not exactly cutting the mustard in the prem.

We really need two big center halves- rumours are bassong is a done deal and were also in for Samba- cant see that in a million years.

Striker wise we will probabley sign Zamora who id like but we really need to sign a quick nippy striker to go along side him.

Warnock really rates him, that's what it is. And to be fair, when he's on form, he's an excellent footballer. However, he basically played through the pain last season and this season has been in and out through injury.

I disagree with the severity of the issue but it is there. He has improved. The throughball to Murray at Watford is something he couldn't have done, say, six months ago. His two main flaws are his inability to bring teammates into the game and his hot-headedness and the former is less of a problem with each passing week. He's now more defensively sound, he works harder and his end product is vastly improved. He's dumped full back after full back on their arse. If he could bring his own full back into the game now he's being double-marked, he'd be as complete a player as you'd expect from an 18 year old. And it's down to the manager and coaches actually understanding what you can and can't change in a footballer.

Cheers once again Mikey!

BCFC have now confirmed Maynard contract talks are off, and we're looking for bids in January. Unsurprising in that he got fucked off with being a spare wheel in 4-5-1 with the lack of creativity around him, then a second honeymoon in November and now he's the spare wheel in a 4-5-1 with a lack of creativity around him. I don't blame him for feeling that way, but that he spent half a season on the bench of his own doing is highly annoying - that and he's not exactly blameless in the creativity department.

We'll be lucky to get 3M unless it's Leicester where he'll refuse and leave for nothing in July.

I tell you want is hilarous, the collective breakdowns on all our forums over this. Utterly doumbfounded how narrow minded most of our 'support' on them is. Nice Ryan Stevenson thread BTW, just cant believe that people cant work out what shat means?

• Paid Members

Zaha is the best winger I've seen in the Championship this season. Second best is Cameron Stewart. He's got everything and he's going to be a top player. Not as traditional a winger as some of the others mentioned but for incredible delivery and fantastic finishing, L**ds Robert Snodgrass has to be up there too. Like Mikey, I'd include Chris Burke on the list and I'm Jobi McAnuff's biggest fan too!

Nick Barmby has been talking about billy Sharp again today. Still thinks the price will be a stumbling block. Heard nothing at our end about David Clarkson. That one would surprise me. Anyone who comes in needs to be an alternative or better than Fryatt and McLean, and I don't think Clarkson is either.

Archived