TildeGuys January Football Transfers Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Bridge is garbage, and somehow still one of the highest-paid defenders in the country, IIRC. Doubt he'd take much of a pay cut to sign for Arsenal, so surely they could find better value elsewhere, even if it is just cover.

Surely there is a young up-and-coming full back at a Championship club they could take a punt on?

Bridge is garbage, and somehow still one of the highest-paid defenders in the country, IIRC. Doubt he'd take much of a pay cut to sign for Arsenal, so surely they could find better value elsewhere, even if it is just cover.

Surely there is a young up-and-coming full back at a Championship club they could take a punt on?
Without anyone specific in mind, I'd certainly prefer that. Especially as Bridge looked absolute clown shoes at West Ham. But what championship side pushing for promotion/avoiding relegation is going to want to let us borrow a full back? Unfortunatly Bridge looks the most likely solution as we desperately need some kind of full back.

• Paid Members

Without anyone specific in mind, I'd certainly prefer that. Especially as Bridge looked absolute clown shoes at West Ham. But what championship side pushing for promotion/avoiding relegation is going to want to let us borrow a full back? Unfortunatly Bridge looks the most likely solution as we desperately need some kind of full back.

I can't think of anyone at left back. Best up and coming right back is Nathaniel Clyne at Palace. Can't think of a left pegger who's anywhere near good enough.There's always Paul Konchesky...

Henry started as a winger and is good with both feet. Fuck it, bring him in to do the job. :)EDIT:- Actually thinking about it, Vermaelen can play in that position so we may well even go in for another centre back and have Verms as a back up for full back. Maybe Cahill or Samba could be back on the table.

• Paid Members

I would drive Wayne Bridge to London myself. What a tosser.QPR are trying to get De Jong on loan but can't see it happening at all. If anything we could do with a central Mid but don't think Mancini is going to rush a signing.

I don't get why someone said here that Mancini's being horrible. Wayne Bridge has been repeatadly given the chance to go play actual football in other clubs, but has refused to sign, instead training seperately from the Man City team and just sitting on his arse collecting a paycheck. The guy's an absoloute joke and I really don't blame Mancini for wanting to get rid of him.

• Paid Members

Ex-City player Darren Eadie reckons we're due a couple of arrivals soon, but that could just be stirring the pot on his part. We signed Daniel Ayala back in August but he got injured in a reserve game straight away. He's due back now though, which will be like a new signing in itself. James Vaughan is also due back and hopefully that too will be a good addition to the squad.In terms of what I'd be looking for, I think ideally we need a bit of experience now purely to see out the end of the campaign. The lads have been absolutely brilliant so far this season and the fact that most of them hadn't played in the Prem before just makes it even more fascinating. The second half of the season is the business end though, so I'd want an experienced head or two in that dressing room who know what it takes to see out a season and keep us in the division. So naturally I'm hoping we put a bid in for Iwan Roberts or Darren Huckerby.

Not sure why people think Wayne Bridge is a joke; the dude is getting 100k or thereabouts to sit around doing nothing except a bit of training five times a week. Who here wouldn't take that deal? And plus, from his point of view;- He's clearly well past his prime, and will likely not be going to a club where he has a chance of winning something. Why would he give his all for some minor club for less money?- He'll never get back in the England team even if he plays well, because he's too old and they're looking at a youthful squad- Man City's owners have a fuck load of cash, so he's not putting anyone out of business- He signed a contract, he can expect the club to honour it. You go into work one day and are told there's nothing for you to do, so you can stay home for the next few weeks/months on pay - do you fervently start looking for another job to give you so called validation, or do you sit around picking up the paycheck? I know what I'd do.Sure, if big clubs were in for him where he's be a regular and have a chance at winning trophies, I can see why he'd move, but otherwise why slog it out in the lower divisions or for lesser clubs when he doesn't have to.

Archived