TildeGuys January Football Transfers Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Podolski to Arsenal has been rumoured the last couple of weeks. We need a decent back up striker to be honest. Chamakh has done little to nothing in over a year now.

Is there anything to this rumour. I really hope it actually happens.

Nicolas Gaitan to Man United seems to be picking up pace, been rumoured the last 5 days on the trot in various places.

Podolski to Arsenal has been rumoured the last couple of weeks. We need a decent back up striker to be honest. Chamakh has done little to nothing in over a year now.

It's been rubbished by Wenger.

Wenger was asked about it in a press conference last week and said there was no truth to the rumor.

• Paid Members

Shame. I think he could be a potentially brilliant signing. Always seems golden in major international tournaments, but his club career, certainly over the past few years, hasn't been memorable. If we go in for him, we might be able to get him quite cheap as I don't think many other clubs will be after him plus he's not at a big club really. Bring him in and fuck off Chamakh.

But in all honesty I don't think we will do anything at all in January. Wenger doesn't like the January window, plus he uncharacteristically signed a handful of players in the last week of the summer window. That will be enough for him until next summer. Plus, since those signings, we've been pretty good. And whether it has anything to do with the players we signed or not, Wenger will see it as a reason not to buy in the winter.

As for the other clubs, Sp*rs could bring in a 'special player'- if you re-arrange his words like the media have done this week. Man Utd could do with a player or two but probably won't. City have bought a big player or two in recent years, but I think they'd be mad to try and make any changes right now, other than flogging Tevez. Liverpool might buy, Chelsea too. Then the rest of the league may do a bit of panic-buying in the final days.

• Paid Members

Wouldn't you be better off getting him to sign a pre-contract in Jan, he can leave on a Bosman next summer can't he? Although someone like Sp*rs will probably come in and force your hand, similar to the Pienaar situation last season.

Bristol City Gossip

In's

Ryan McGivern on a perm (Already on loan)

Stephen Pearson on a perm (Already on loan)

David Templton

Andrew Driver

A load of St Johnstone players

Out's

Maynard (to Fulham)

Adomah (to Everton)

Louis Carey (Exeter on loan)

The Liverpool rumour I've heard is regarding Luuk De Jong. A big Summer target but due to the interest that he's creating in himself across the continent it could fore our hand in January. A decent striker and still only 21, looks to be a quality Dutch international of the future.

Archived