TildeGuys January Football Transfers Thread

TildeGuy~!

Cliftonville striker Rory Donnelly is expected to have talks with Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish on Tuesday about a possible move to the Anfield giants.

Dalglish contacted the the Irish League club on Sunday to register his interest in the prolific 19-year-old.

Cliftonville have accepted an offer of around

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Any truth to AVB saying he wants Cavani and Gotze?

Any manager would want them two, but the cost of both would be ridiculous.

Well yeah, but I mean as legit priorities.

Edit: Apparently Chelsea are also looking at Jack Rodwell

• Paid Members

We (Hull City) supposedly have a couple of quid to spend. I think we're a couple of players off being a top 2 team but I don't think they'll come cheap.

Seyi Olofinjana makes his return in the reserves tonight. I'd imagine they still want to get him out though, he's on

• Paid Members

I'd say Chelsea have a problem with nearly every position just now. Poor Cech looks and moves like Robocop these days, the defence isn't up to it, the midfield lacks the power and energy it once had and the strikers are horribly inconsistent. Chelsea still function like a decent team, but need some investment if they want to challenge City/United/Spurs.

We are getting rid of Craig Gardner in Jan after he failed to settle in up North acording to the paper this morning, Wolves are after him supposedly

Gardner to quit Sunderland after six months

Published 22:30 19/12/11 By Simon Bird Recommend

Craig Gardner is set to quit Sunderland after just six months and seek a move back to the Midlands.

The

The Gardner deal was a weird one, seemingly done in haste after the Darron Gibson bid broke down, and Steve Bruce clearly didn't rate him based on how little we've seen of him so far. Though I've never thought he was a particularly good player, I hoped we might see more of him under O'Neill as someone who offered something different to Colback/Cattermole/Meyler (i.e the ability to shoot on target). If he's unsettled though, it makes sense to move him on, assuming we can recoup something close to what we paid for him. It does make me sad though that, if he's moved on in January, it likely means we have to put up with the fucking Mole for another 6 months or so :angry:

We (Hull City) supposedly have a couple of quid to spend. I think we're a couple of players off being a top 2 team but I don't think they'll come cheap.

Seyi Olofinjana makes his return in the reserves tonight. I'd imagine they still want to get him out though, he's on

• Paid Members

I'd say Chelsea have a problem with nearly every position just now. Poor Cech looks and moves like Robocop these days, the defence isn't up to it, the midfield lacks the power and energy it once had and the strikers are horribly inconsistent. Chelsea still function like a decent team, but need some investment if they want to challenge City/United/Spurs.

That's an exaggeration. The spine of the team has been suffering a bit, I'll grant you, but I'm not concerned about challenging Spurs. We need a new central striker and someone in the midfield for certain, but dropping the defensive line back was like a different team against man city and valencia in terms of defence. Romeu has been a revelation and the two wingers have been on great form.

I do think it's clear that we need to invest to reach the level man u is at though, and a midfield and a goalscoring centre forward is what we need first and foremost. Not concerned about Cech, he's had a couple of bad ones but we've got Courtais on loan and he';s been impressing

• Paid Members
The East Anglian were reporting the other night that Billy Sharp is on the verge of joining Ipswich, but Paul Jewell has dismissed it so far. That being said, Ipswich have been linked with him for the past 2 years or more so I doubt it will ever happen.

Could they afford the release clause? Said to be

The East Anglian were reporting the other night that Billy Sharp is on the verge of joining Ipswich, but Paul Jewell has dismissed it so far. That being said, Ipswich have been linked with him for the past 2 years or more so I doubt it will ever happen.

Could they afford the release clause? Said to be

Bristol City Gossip

Adomah (to Everton)

Not heard that one yet, tell me more about him.

Tricky fast paced right winger signed from Barnet at the start of last season. He's 23, scores, creates, terrorises opposition, recently made his debut for Ghana vs Brazil, but didnt make the Africa Cup of Nations Squad. Needs a better cross, but currently getting double and treble marked in our league (champs) by far our best player.

Would be sad to see him go, but deffo one for better things than us. Anything from around 2.5 Mill (with add ons) upwards should see him go I reckon.

It'll be an interesting window for Championship clubs I think. Ipswich will be active, we should be, West Ham and Saints definitely will. Forest need to do something, Leeds will want a couple and then Donny Rovers will take half of Africa on loan.

With something like 12+ plus players OOC at the end of the season. Im pretty certain we will be active, whether its more outs than ins is another story entirely

A friend of Big Trev has said that Frank Lampard is on his way to Spurs in the transfer window, with Modric going the other way. Also Ruud Van Nistelrooy to Blackburn, due to the Venky's desperate attempts to keep Kean in his job. The source is pretty reliable with this kind of thing usually.

Archived