TildeGuys January Football Transfers Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
Not sure why people think Wayne Bridge is a joke

Football fans spend a shitload of money to follow the game. No-one is ever going to be impressed when someone who is so privileged would rather sit on his arse. Your list of reasons is all state the obvious stuff, no-one is unaware of his position. It's a slap in the face to everyone who'd give their right arm to be in his position. Hence: people think he's a twat.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Handful of things:

1. Adomah's good and lively, I assume Everton are in for him because he's cheap and relatively young because there are better players in the Championship.

Mikey, just out of curiousity, who do you rate better at Right Wing in the Champs?

Off the top of my head, Zaha and Ambrose at Palace, Faubert at West Ham, Chris Burke at Birmingham, Jobi McAnuff at Reading, Lewis McGugan at Forest. I just think it's a zeitgeisty signing by Everton. He's in the headlines because his form has startlingly improved in the last few weeks and he's largely unknown.

Bridge is garbage, and somehow still one of the highest-paid defenders in the country, IIRC. Doubt he'd take much of a pay cut to sign for Arsenal, so surely they could find better value elsewhere, even if it is just cover.

Surely there is a young up-and-coming full back at a Championship club they could take a punt on?

Without anyone specific in mind, I'd certainly prefer that. Especially as Bridge looked absolute clown shoes at West Ham. But what championship side pushing for promotion/avoiding relegation is going to want to let us borrow a full back? Unfortunatly Bridge looks the most likely solution as we desperately need some kind of full back.

Firstly signing an up-and-coming second division full back would change the habit of a lifetime. There's nobody that young and that good out there. His lower division signings are supposed can't-miss ready made players. He could look at Bennett at Boro conceivably but Bennett's going to be torn to shreds by top Premier League midfielders.

As for Bridge, he started badly at West Ham because he had no fitness. He steadily improved but his problem is accumulated injuries. The real reason Mancini wants him off their wage bill is because he seemingly can't sustain a top level of fitness due to niggling injuries. Mancini being Mancini is being disingenuous about it.

I can't think of anyone at left back. Best up and coming right back is Nathaniel Clyne at Palace. Can't think of a left pegger who's anywhere near good enough.

There's always Paul Konchesky...

Clyne can play at left back but what a welcome that would be. Stepping up from mid-table Championship to a top Premier League club and then being played on your weaker side. Arsenal fans can be utterly merciless with new players if they don't meet this supposed, mythical standard.

Handful of things:

1. Adomah's good and lively, I assume Everton are in for him because he's cheap and relatively young because there are better players in the Championship.

Mikey, just out of curiousity, who do you rate better at Right Wing in the Champs?

Off the top of my head, Zaha and Ambrose at Palace, Faubert at West Ham, Chris Burke at Birmingham, Jobi McAnuff at Reading, Lewis McGugan at Forest. I just think it's a zeitgeisty signing by Everton. He's in the headlines because his form has startlingly improved in the last few weeks and he's largely unknown.

Cool, I though Zaha was a striker rather than Winger, but Im not following as closely as I should at the mo As for the rest ,certainly have merit, but McGugan has been utter shite this time around.

Adomah has been on top form since he got to us last year, won player of the season and got 12 assists in the process. This season he is just carrying on, rather than being zeitgeisty. He has been on fire for about 18 months. If that doesnt get him a move, not sure what will?

• Paid Members

The Cahill situation has changed pretty dramatically since the summer. I remember Wenger getting some stick for not stumping up more cash for him, but they've done superbly recently and Bolton have been absolutely wretched. I wonder if he'll get a big money move now after all.

That reminds me of Wenger's last minute splurge at the end of the last transfer window. According to a journalist that's pretty close to the Arsenal camp, Wenger had actually rejected the chance to sign a couple of those signings in the past, which suggests that it was indeed a rather desperate attempt to save face with the fans.

Cool, I though Zaha was a striker rather than Winger, but Im not following as closely as I should at the mo As for the rest ,certainly have merit, but McGugan has been utter shite this time around.

Adomah has been on top form since he got to us last year, won player of the season and got 12 assists in the process. This season he is just carrying on, rather than being zeitgeisty. He has been on fire for about 18 months. If that doesnt get him a move, not sure what will?

Zaha's been playing mainly on the right or left wing rather than right midfield, as Freedman has been using a 4-2-3-1. I really rate McGugan based on what he's done over the past few years but, yes, he's not an automatic starter this year, much to my confusion. However, my meaning was that Adomah's got the right combination of price, ability and reputation, whereas the others have not. In saying that, everybody reckons QPR will sign Ambrose this time around.

Archived