TildeGuys January Football Transfers Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I refuse to believe anything posted in this thread after Frankie Crisp said in the equivalent thread last year that Everton were in talks to sell Jack Rodwell to United in part exchange for Michael Carrick.

Horrible man.

And Frankie Crisp.

Bristol City Gossip

Adomah (to Everton)

Not heard that one yet, tell me more about him.

Tricky fast paced right winger signed from Barnet at the start of last season. He's 23, scores, creates, terrorises opposition, recently made his debut for Ghana vs Brazil, but didnt make the Africa Cup of Nations Squad. Needs a better cross, but currently getting double and treble marked in our league (champs) by far our best player.

Would be sad to see him go, but deffo one for better things than us. Anything from around 2.5 Mill (with add ons) upwards should see him go I reckon.

Cheers for that, sounds just like the kind of player we need.

Does he track back and defend corners though, Moyes won't play him if he doesn't do that!

Is it just a rumour or do you know any solid info that its happening?

• Paid Members
As for the other clubs, Spurs could bring in a 'special player'- if you re-arrange his words like the media have done this week.

This wouldn't be regarding the misquoting about Tevez, would it?

No I don't think so, though I think in the same interview he said there would be no chance of signing Tevez.

Cheers for that, sounds just like the kind of player we need.

Does he track back and defend corners though, Moyes won't play him if he doesn't do that!

Is it just a rumour or do you know any solid info that its happening?

He does as/when its required, as he is playing in front of a make shift utlilty Right Back in Cole Skuse, who has been converted from a midfielder

Because of all the running he does, he is usually knackered after 70 mins, but i suspect with a less make shift team and better support from the back, that wouldnt be the case at all.

Pretty much all footie websites are covering it as well as a few tabloids. just a rumour at this stage, but wouldnt be surprised if he went

Our fans seem semi resigned to it, more so if we were to go down over the summer. So its a question of who wants him and can pay really :(

Handful of things:

1. Adomah's good and lively, I assume Everton are in for him because he's cheap and relatively young because there are better players in the Championship.

2. I think Jutkiewicz is rubbish and can't understand why anybody would be in for him, let alone for the 1.5m mooted. Coventry have to prepare for relegation, it's too far gone and the manager's out of his depth, and so they'd be better off preparing for next season and trying to get some investment in to make sure they bounce back. Another team who've overstretched themselves and become victims of the private equity scam.

3. Billy Sharp looks a small club player to me. He's been good at Doncaster where he's their main man, he was good at Scunthorpe for the same reason.

4. The talk again is of Darren Ambrose to QPR, though it must be said the guy can't sustain his fitness so I'm not sure how a medical would go. Wouldn't be surprised to see Hogan Ephraim join if Ambrose leaves, even if it's a PX deal.

5. West Ham news: Allardyce wants Liam Ridgewell, Frank Nouble and Freddie Sears can both leave. Edson Buddle, the American Carlton Cole, is on trial

Handful of things:

1. Adomah's good and lively, I assume Everton are in for him because he's cheap and relatively young because there are better players in the Championship.

Mikey, just out of curiousity, who do you rate better at Right Wing in the Champs?

• Paid Members

I think Mancini's being a bit of a knob about this, trying to turn public opinion on Wayne Bridge to leave. Mancini's so one-eyed, it's horrendous. If I were Wayne Bridge, I'd do a Bogarde.

Can't agree. I think generally Roberto Mancini is pretty honest and says what he feels. He's obviously been saying the same things privately and has had enough. I can't get along with any player who'd rather sit on his arse than play football. bridge had a good career 18 months ago, he's ruined it.

Archived