TildeGuys January Football Transfers Thread

TildeGuy~!

The Liverpool rumour I've heard is regarding Luuk De Jong. A big Summer target but due to the interest that he's creating in himself across the continent it could fore our hand in January. A decent striker and still only 21, looks to be a quality Dutch international of the future.

Apparently this De Jong rumour has legs. The latest rumour is he'll be in the directors box on Boxing Day.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm not knocking Huddersfield, they have every right to hold out for as much as they want. I just think it's a crazy amount of money to be spending on a guy who's scored 1 goal in the second tier. He looks a great prospect but you just never know. About 6 years ago, we were ripped to pieces at Huddersfield by a can't miss prospect who moved on for over a million quid and won a load of England U21 caps. Jon Stead.

Where is Maynard going? I've heard Sharp is going to Leicester, Jutkiewicz to Southampton and Rhodes to West Ham. That kinda leaves Maynard short of suitors in the Championship.

I'm not knocking Huddersfield, they have every right to hold out for as much as they want. I just think it's a crazy amount of money to be spending on a guy who's scored 1 goal in the second tier. He looks a great prospect but you just never know. About 6 years ago, we were ripped to pieces at Huddersfield by a can't miss prospect who moved on for over a million quid and won a load of England U21 caps. Jon Stead.

Where is Maynard going? I've heard Sharp is going to Leicester, Jutkiewicz to Southampton and Rhodes to West Ham. That kinda leaves Maynard short of suitors in the Championship.

Peterborough did the same as Huddersfield with George Boyd and Joe Lewis, and keeping them has kinda fizzled out their careers imo, both should have progressed by now, but have stalled

Jon Stead is woeful (generally), said it when he signed. Had a great spell then got injured and then has been injured or completely shit since. But yeah back in the day, the potential was there. I reckon his stint at Blackburn ruined him to be fair, he hasnt been the same since with only a renaissance at Ipswich in 2008? being the closest he has come to recapturing that initial spark. Jermaine Beckford is another who should have probably stayed in the Champs, as hasnt exactly set the world on fire at Leicester, after his stint at Everton.

Rhodes has potential, and if Huddersfield stop being nearly men and actually get promoted it would be good to see if he can do it in the Champs, with perhaps a move in Jan next season?

Maynard's rumoured latest destination is Fulham, if the Johnson to Blackburn transfer goes ahead. Personally I reckon he would be better off pissing off abroad somewhere. The affects of his knee injury are still very much apparent, and that has been enough to finish players before now. A move to teams in Greece, Spain, Portugal, Italy, may be more beneficial and lucrative for him. But with a new baby, not sure if the move will suit

• Paid Members
The @ArsenalNewsFeed twitter is also reporting Henry has been offered a short term loan deal. We're short on strikers so it's a good move, he can help.

I don't get this one. He's not been pulling up any trees recently and a club legend sat on the bench waiting for cameos isn't very dignified. I hope I'm surprised, I'd love to see Henry somewhere close to his best.

Billy Sharp rumour continues to grow. Local media say he's interested in moving to Hull and fee could be closer to

Given Arsenals formation and the lack of form by our wide players. I could very well see him play on the left hand side, with Gervinho on the right. Or Walcott on the right, Henry on the left. He always favored cutting in from the wings anyway.

Gervinho won't be around with the African cup going on. Neither will Chamakh, not that that's such a loss. But we're short of options up top, especially if Arshavin goes as well which is heavily rumoured. We've got Van Persie who's obviously exceptional, then Park who we've seen nothing of and Theo Walcott. Henry would just add some cover and I think he could do a job.

Chamakh was one of the most promising strikers in France a few years ago. Good in the air, looked a real threat. We got him on a free at the end of his contract I'm sure. He stated that he wanted to play under Wenger. Even if he's sold, we'll make a profit.

I forgot about Gervinho going to the African cup. Is Song going too then? That'll be more of a blow than anyone else.

Chamakh was one of the most promising strikers in France a few years ago. Good in the air, looked a real threat. We got him on a free at the end of his contract I'm sure. He stated that he wanted to play under Wenger. Even if he's sold, we'll make a profit.

I forgot about Gervinho going to the African cup. Is Song going too then? That'll be more of a blow than anyone else.

Chamakh was also awesome for the first 6 months he was with us and look like a great buy, not sure whats happend with him.

Fortunately for us Cameroon did not qualify, so Song wont be going.

Bent to Liverpool?

Archived