TildeGuys January Football Transfers Thread

TildeGuy~!

You said something stupid, now you're getting all defensive. Nice one mate.

Ahh you've played The Discussion Stopper Card already. What a relief, you had me on the ropes there!

That was the intention! Lord knows I didn't want to have a drawn out argument about Marouane Chamakh of all people. Humblest apologies, I hope we can both move on from this.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can see Pineear leaving as his been a total waste of space but no way do we want Rodwell. We have Parker, Modric, Sandro and Huddlestone playing there, also Livermore and Kranjkar at a push.

The special signing Redknapp keeps hinting at is Tevez who we have zero chance of getting.

I believe Pienaar was on the cards in the summer but we didn't get the deal done in time but does appear likely to happen in Jan.

But Rodwell? Nah, he needs a longer sustained run in the team, before anyone pays silly money for him, we've got other players we'd sell first.

I can see Pineear leaving as his been a total waste of space but no way do we want Rodwell. We have Parker, Modric, Sandro and Huddlestone playing there, also Livermore and Kranjkar at a push.

The special signing Redknapp keeps hinting at is Tevez who we have zero chance of getting.

I believe Pienaar was on the cards in the summer but we didn't get the deal done in time but does appear likely to happen in Jan.

But Rodwell? Nah, he needs a longer sustained run in the team, before anyone pays silly money for him, we've got other players we'd sell first.

Please take him back. I'm sure there is a good player in there somewhere but he hasn't come close to showing it at Spurs. In fact his been dreadful.

Please take him back. I'm sure there is a good player in there somewhere but he hasn't come close to showing it at Spurs. In fact his been dreadful.

I'd love to mate and like i said i'm pretty sure he will be back in Jan.

Strange thing is that he has been pretty average everywhere he's been apart from at Everton, even at the WC when he was tipped to shine he never really did.

He is a talented footballer and while he never scored that many or had that many assists to his actual name his partnership with Baines was just phenomenal for us and one of the main reasons why Baines hasn't been as effective since Jan as he was.

We need him back.

I'd love to mate and like i said i'm pretty sure he will be back in Jan.

Strange thing is that he has been pretty average everywhere he's been apart from at Everton, even at the WC when he was tipped to shine he never really did.

He is a talented footballer and while he never scored that many or had that many assists to his actual name his partnership with Baines was just phenomenal for us and one of the main reasons why Baines hasn't been as effective since Jan as he was.

We need him back.

Agreed i will be over the moon if he re signs in jan. Him landon and someone up top will do

You think? I may be a red but my dad's a blue and I like to think I can hold a diplomatic conversation on the subject of Everton without an ensuing slanging match. One thing I never understood though was the love for Pienaar. Whenever I saw him for Everton he seemed distinctly average plus he was a tad injury prone. The guy is now a year or so older and during that year has had some knocks and played about 20 mins of footy. I know that you're struggling for goals and a creative spark from the wings may well bring those goals (not to mention some delivery for Cahill's head) but things can't be so bad that you're yearning for Pienaar? Surely?

.....Did I just answer my own question with that last line of the paragraph?

You think? I may be a red but my dad's a blue and I like to think I can hold a diplomatic conversation on the subject of Everton without an ensuing slanging match. One thing I never understood though was the love for Pienaar. Whenever I saw him for Everton he seemed distinctly average plus he was a tad injury prone. The guy is now a year or so older and during that year has had some knocks and played about 20 mins of footy. I know that you're struggling for goals and a creative spark from the wings may well bring those goals (not to mention some delivery for Cahill's head) but things can't be so bad that you're yearning for Pienaar? Surely?

.....Did I just answer my own question with that last line of the paragraph?

Its not some over the moon awesome signing of course but its getting a player back who was good for us and we haven't replaced.

Its mainly he was the perfect partner for Baines down the left and if we can recreate that again then we have to. Plus he can play central and was the best player in the squad after Arteta at keeping possession and moving play on.

Just hope we do get the player we had, but where we are now means he will improve us and one of few realistic targets to come in in Jan.

• Paid Members

I think if he had been playing in a league that was half-decent and he was forced to play to a higher level of quality then he would be a short term asset to a number of top clubs. As it is, he's been in the MLS for 4 years so he might be an asset to Oldham.

Very happy to see Frimpong get some regular first team action. I'm surprised a Premier League team has went for him, but all the better for his future development. McCarthy likes a player who'll stick the foot in and this week has made that more evident. So he'll love Frimpong.

I think he'll fit right into Wolves formation, style of play and team ethic. He's a good fit for Wolves. I'm more surprised its a Premiership team, I'd have thought he would be Championship bound but its a bonus to Wolves and Arsenal that he's staying in the same league.

Archived