TildeGuys January Football Transfers Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gently sidestepping that GLARING joke, I don't think they would. Both Suarez and Defoe drop deep into the midfield, it's why Adebayor and Defoe are such a good parternship. Defoe does all the running, helping out in the midfield, Adebayor concentrates solely on hitting the net.

I will hold my hands up if I'm wrong, but I've never perceived Defoe as that type of player. Whenever I think of Defoe I always think of him as a striker on the last defender trying to make those runs, an outright goalscorer. However, he struggles in the formation Harry likes to play as he is not a lone front man and needs a partner alongside of him. I'm not saying that Defoe doesn't have the attributes you've mentioned, but I don't see him in the same vein as Suarez.

Anytime before this season and you'd be right. However Defoe has worked hard at improving his all round game, evolving into more of an all round player than just a poacher. Using the same source I did in the last post, Defoe made 18 passes against Liverpool this season, all completed successfully. Here's the article in question if you're interested: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/20...kboard-analysis

One of our young CB's John Egan has joined Crystal Palace on an initial one month loan.

He has been very highly regarded amongst the coaching staff and has looked great whenever I've seen him (though I rate Louis Laing slightly higher than him), he is tall, has good pace, good positioning, isn't afraid to put a tackle in and I can't remember ever seeing him lose out on a header). He has been captain of the variouis youth squads in the Ireland national team over the past couple of years.

He can also do a decent job at RB.

Hopefully this turns into a season-long loan, I think it'll do him the world of good - well if he gets some games. Had been hoping him and Laing might get some game time on Sunday against Peterborough in the cup but obviously not.

• Paid Members

We've extended Robbie Brady's loan from Man United to the end of the season. Apart from pissing off Leice$ter fans who said he was going to ditch us for them, it's not great news. He's rubbish. He's got all the ability in the world but no idea what to do with it.

One of our young CB's John Egan has joined Crystal Palace on an initial one month loan.

He has been very highly regarded amongst the coaching staff and has looked great whenever I've seen him (though I rate Louis Laing slightly higher than him), he is tall, has good pace, good positioning, isn't afraid to put a tackle in and I can't remember ever seeing him lose out on a header). He has been captain of the variouis youth squads in the Ireland national team over the past couple of years.

He can also do a decent job at RB.

Hopefully this turns into a season-long loan, I think it'll do him the world of good - well if he gets some games. Had been hoping him and Laing might get some game time on Sunday against Peterborough in the cup but obviously not.

As I posted on the Championship thread, Egan essentially replaces Dekel Keinan, who will return to Cardiff. Palace's two main centre backs, McCarthy and Gardner, are laid low with a virus and an injury respectively and Cardiff don't want to renew Keinan's loan as it will help Palace rest those two in the league games between the two legs of the Carling Cup. A little bit of gamesmanship on their part.

Sigh.. According to one of th daily mirror journos on twitter Darren bent is a Liverpool player :(

By next January he will be some where else

Archived