Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Meltzer reporting WWE are contacting loads of 40+ year old wrestlers to fill up brand split rosters!

Reminds me of the god awful returns of Tatanka & Road Warrior Animal to SmackDown back in the day. Be interesting to see who gets the call though.

According to some of the newz sites WWE are planning to make the Big 4 PPVs run 4 hours after the brand split as this will be the only time Raw and Smackdown merge on PPV.  Starting with SummerSlam as it's been announced that it will run 4hrs long again.

• Paid Members

So potentially two three-hour weekly shows (Raw and SmackDown), a “pay-per-view” (read: Network special) from each branch a month, and the “big four” all going to four hours? That’s a lot of programming per week to keep up with.

I don't know why people moan about the amount of potential programming. I spend hours binge watching TV shows if they're good, if a wrestling show is decent enough throughout then I won't mind how long it is.

• Paid Members

I don't know why people moan about the amount of potential programming. I spend hours binge watching TV shows if they're good, if a wrestling show is decent enough throughout then I won't mind how long it is.

If they are good is the crucial bit. The more time to fill the faster storylines burn out or get rd-used and the more air time goes to people who shouldn't be on tv and take down the show.

• Paid Members

Fuck, is Waltman that fucked now? I haven't kept up at all lately. Think the last time I saw Waltman was his 1994 Timeline interview. Haven't seen him wrestle since he was in TNA years ago though. He was always one of those guys I half expected to get the 2002 Mr Perfect call up to return but it's never happened obviously. Shame if that ship's sailed now. Waltman is one of the few names that would guarantee me tuning in again for a bit.