Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

And Michael Bisping vs Chael Sonnen in a grappling match.

Kong's posting a bunch of WWE related pics on Instagram, I imagine this is her just stirring a little bit but I'd love to see her turn up on NXT and twat Bayley one before being slain later down the road.

Kurt angle to wrestle mysterio on a Ppv that includes shamrock v Severn in an mma fight and Roy Jones junior boxing a fan(!)

Also, bisping and sonnet to have grapple match? Michael retired then?

http://www.boxingscene.com/roy-jones-jr-fight-again-against-fan-odd-ppv-event--101276

I read about that yesterday and thought it must be bullshit, would the UFC allow a contracted fighter to go and do something outside of the promotion? I know Liddell fought in the PRIDE Middleweight GP, but that's all I've got.

The Roy Jones boxing fight has the fan winning $100,000 if they can't Jones apparently

• Paid Members

They might allow it if it's strictly grappling. They've let their fighters compete in Metamoris while under UFC contract a few times over the last couple of years. Josh Barnett, Chael Sonnen and Brendan Schaub all took part while under contract. It's less risky if it's straight grappling than if there's wrestling and striking involved. So you never know.

But I'd be very, very surprised if that particular show actually happens.

• Paid Members

Yeah, it's 'just' a grappling match, like that Meta(something) promotion. UFC let their contracted folk do that, in the same way they do those Abu Dhabi no-gi grappling/ju jitsu tournaments.

The show overall sounds mental... and exactly the type of thing I'd be interested in watching.

• Moderators

Yeah, normally MMA (also known as the world's shittest sport, including basketball) can fuck right off, but I'd be interested in this clusterfuck. Especially to see a real fighter like Dan Severn instead of the modern benders who result in me not watching or caring like Rousey and the Irish hipster.

• Paid Members

The difference between Brie and Nikki as performers is massive. When did this start? I only noticed it when Nikki started her title run, but at that point the difference was glaringly obvious so a fast-forwarder like me would even see it. Brie is still cack, whereas Nikki has come along leaps and bounds.

Brie Bellas overall performances are some of the worst I've ever seen, even for the women. She's been doing it for about 10 years now and is still one of the worst ever. Fair play to Nikki though, Cenas money and those giant tits seem to have done something to her. She's pretty OK now.

The thing with the women is, theres only ever room for one program at a time so getting rid of people is a positive. They all just vanish until it's their turn anyway. Plus, watching Brie desperately cling to Bryan's popularity is a little bit cringe worthy when she's not over in the slightest. Also, is she now a babyface because her husband has to get a new job or did I miss the turn?

Most of the time, the divas don't really do turns. Paige and the Bellas are all over the shop with it. There's definitely room for more than one diva storyline at a time on three-hour Raw, though. If they had two or three diva segments, it'd cut down on how much male wrestler filler they have to dull the show up with.

• Paid Members

The difference between Brie and Nikki as performers is massive. When did this start? I only noticed it when Nikki started her title run, but at that point the difference was glaringly obvious so a fast-forwarder like me would even see it. Brie is still cack, whereas Nikki has come along leaps and bounds.

Nikki has a lot of muscle that Brie doesn't and thus not only gives her the ability to do moves like the Rack Attack but because the general lifting for hiptosses, bodyslammers etc is easier, her stuff just looks better. Nikki looks built/strong, and Brie is a waif in comparison.

The difference between marrying John Cena and the vegan Daniel Bryan is stark, isn't it?