Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Long time reader, first time poster (bit creepy I know)

Anyway not last weeks but week before (so 1st Septembers episode) of Only Connect on BBC2 had a wrestling connection on the connecting wall. And the contestants knew them and got it after a while (CM Punk, Christian, Undertaker and Triple H)

This compelled me to create an account as I had nowhere else to put this info!!!

Long time reader, first time poster (bit creepy I know)

Anyway not last weeks but week before (so 1st Septembers episode) of Only Connect on BBC2 had a wrestling connection on the connecting wall. And the contestants knew them and got it after a while (CM Punk, Christian, Undertaker and Triple H)

This compelled me to create an account as I had nowhere else to put this info!!!

I seen that, Big Daddy was in there as a red herring; he belonged to another chain, characters from a book or something?

Long time reader, first time poster (bit creepy I know)Anyway not last weeks but week before (so 1st Septembers episode) of Only Connect on BBC2 had a wrestling connection on the connecting wall. And the contestants knew them and got it after a while (CM Punk, Christian, Undertaker and Triple H)This compelled me to create an account as I had nowhere else to put this info!!!

I seen that, Big Daddy was in there as a red herring; he belonged to another chain, characters from a book or something?

Cat on a hot tin roof I'm sure it was the big daddy one belonged to.

It's probably already been mentioned but Brendon Burns has put up a wrestling comedy roast. It's about what you would expect if you like his comedy and put that into a wrestling context. He's a massive wrestling fan. He has other guests on it as well. I'm about halfway through and it's pretty decent so far. And it's 69p. So if you fancy smarky stand up comedy for a quid or so ...

https://gumroad.com/l/QCrMH

• Paid Members

Former Germany goalkeeper set to become a WWE wrestler

Tim Wiese is without a club since Hoffenheim mutually terminated his contract in January. Like romances, these endings are seemingly always “mutual”.

What next for the erstwhile international keeper? A career in coaching? A spot of punditry? Indoor football with his old teammates as part of a masters team?

Nah. The 32-year-old has turned to bodybuilding and recently revealed that the WWE (née WWF) have made him an offer to join their developmental system in Florida. That’s the bottom line. Why? Because Tim Wiese said so.

Judging from the picture above, the former Werder Bremen man already has the look down and he currently weighs in at over 250lbs. He told German newspaper Bild:

"I have had an official enquiry from the WWE. It’s about working for them as a wrestler. I will listen. I don’t s*** my pants. Why should I immediately say no? Wrestling is very popular, especially in the United States. I will go through the enquiry with my agent next week."

Apparently Vince McMahon would want Wiese to spend a year training in Orlando before considering promoting him to the main roster. Hopefully Jens Lehmann will follow suit and next year’s Wrestlemania might just have the tag team champions we’ve all been waiting for.

http://babb.telegraph.co.uk/2014/09/former-germany-goalkeeper-set-to-become-a-wwe-wrestler/

Frigady! Someone's been eating horse.

The British lad who used to be a lower league goalkeeper that WWE posted a video about a week back of himself at the performance centre

Stu 'The Tank' Tomlinson. Was at Burton Albion and has been in Men's Health type mags. Jacked to the gills but with glass knees (hence early retirement). Has no experience in wrestling whatsoever but he has a sporting pedigree which what WWE wants in its trainees.

10049047-e1386586694748.jpg

Edited by Krytie 2X4B 523P

Saw an interview with Wade Barrett on WrestleZone that looked genuinely out of character saying that he and John Cena do not like each other at all.

Reckon this stretches back to the original Nexus feud? Remember on a podcast with Jericho and Edge saying that Cena definitely should've put Barrett over then.