Bobby Roode is fucking brilliant discussion

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I prefer James Storm to be honest, I think he's the more likable of the Beer Money duo. He's certainly more charismatic, although Roode has a much better look if that's what you go for.

I've not seen a lot of TNA recently but whenever I have I've found Beer Money to be a highlight. But I always thought Roode was the more charismatic. Storm never really struck me as overly charismatic whenever I saw him. Like I say I don't watch regularly so might be way off the mark but every time I tune in it's Roode carrying all the promos while Storm stands there drinking and then throws in his catchphrase at the end.

Also, there wasnt footage of Guerrero fucking the fans on PPV with that horrid unforgivable disrespect he showed Sting a few months back. Why should the fans give a fuck about Hardy?

Why would TNA's audience care about Hardy now? They barely did before he embarrassed himself of PPV. In TNA, you can fuck up with the casual audience, no bother, because they hardly watch. But Hardy fucked TNA's core paying audience.

What's this about? Anyone fill me in on what Hardy did?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

And the Harry Potter photo is to remind you of what a plum you are. Not to entertain anyone. Apart from myself, who rocked back in my chair and had a good chuckle over it, whilst smoking a pipe.

Do you actually have a pipe? I sort of hope so, but only if it's complimented by a sherlock holmes style hat!

• Paid Members

I hope they don't turn Beer Money against each other just for an obvious feud. It's obvious they're going their seperate ways, but keep the option there for them to team with each other again when the situation arises.I fucking love Beer Money.

I hope they don't turn Beer Money against each other just for an obvious feud. It's obvious they're going their seperate ways, but keep the option there for them to team with each other again when the situation arises.I fucking love Beer Money.

Like somebody else mentioned earlier in the thread I'd like to see a bit of tension between Roode and Storm but not an all out feud, like they bicker and argue the toss and Storm feels left out but they're still a team and they still get on with things because if they do properly feud it's obvious who will come out of the split better and Storm to end up dissapearing in to obscurity which he doesn't deserve. Plus Beer Money are indeed fucking awesome.

Like somebody else mentioned earlier in the thread I'd like to see a bit of tension between Roode and Storm but not an all out feud, like they bicker and argue the toss and Storm feels left out but they're still a team and they still get on with things because if they do properly feud it's obvious who will come out of the split better and Storm to end up dissapearing in to obscurity which he doesn't deserve. Plus Beer Money are indeed fucking awesome.

Seem to recall that being the general consensus when AMW split. Then Chris Harris was boring, got fat, and changed his name to Braden for a fortnight. Meanwhile James Storm was generally awesome.Not that I can remotely see the same thing happening with Beer Money, as TNA are obviously well behind Roode at the minute. But writing off Storm if they do the old split-and-feud would be a mistake. He's got the knack of standing out and making whatever he's given to work with count. I too would much rather see them both elevated to higher level players while still working as a team at least occasionally, though. There are too few lengthy alliances in wrestling these days.

• Paid Members

What's this about? Anyone fill me in on what Hardy did?

He and Sting were in the main event of the Victory Road PPV. Hardy showed up in reasonable form but at some point between the show starting and his match had felt the need to indulge himself in a treat or two. By the time his match started he was high as a kite, Bischoff having to come out to change plans in the middle of the ring and telling Sting to get the match over with quickly. A few seconds into the "match" Sting pulled Hardy by his hair into a Scorpion Death Drop and cinched in the pin as Hardy legitimately tried to kick out. As the show went off the air the fans chanted "This is bullshit!" prompting Sting to respond "I agree. I agree!" Hardy was suspended immediately.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V6ulxTRSDc

• Paid Members

Storm's great, but he's like Road Dogg was. Road Dogg was a great hand, had a class gimmick and he looked decent and was super over, but it probably wouldn't fit a main event level program. Storm's couldn't do this babyface push as well as Roode without coming across as a bit hokey. I couldn't imagine us seeing what Storm's characters house and children look like. Not knocking Storm, cause he's excellent, I just think there would be a danger of him coming across as outdated with his cowboy gimmick and strong southern accent and his "suck my beer bottle" quotes. I might be wrong there, because I love James Storm personally, but I can totally see why Roode is their golden boy over Storm.Road Dogg example might be a bit extreme, but I hope you know what I mean by it.

Seem to recall that being the general consensus when AMW split. Then Chris Harris was boring, got fat, and changed his name to Braden for a fortnight. Meanwhile James Storm was generally awesome.Not that I can remotely see the same thing happening with Beer Money, as TNA are obviously well behind Roode at the minute. But writing off Storm if they do the old split-and-feud would be a mistake. He's got the knack of standing out and making whatever he's given to work with count. I too would much rather see them both elevated to higher level players while still working as a team at least occasionally, though. There are too few lengthy alliances in wrestling these days.
I agree, I think Storm would stand out and he's definately as good a worker and promo guy as Rood is but if TNA bury him and don't give him TV time (which wouldn't surprise me) it puts him up shit creek. You can be the best guy in the world but you're fucked without exposure. I always prefered D-Von to Ray but they've made him look like shit since Team 3D split.

• Paid Members

He and Sting were in the main event of the Victory Road PPV. Hardy showed up in reasonable form but at some point between the show starting and his match had felt the need to indulge himself in a treat or two. By the time his match started he was high as a kite, Bischoff having to come out to change plans in the middle of the ring and telling Sting to get the match over with quickly. A few seconds into the "match" Sting pulled Hardy by his hair into a Scorpion Death Drop and cinched in the pin as Hardy legitimately tried to kick out. As the show went off the air the fans chanted "This is bullshit!" prompting Sting to respond "I agree. I agree!" Hardy was suspended immediately.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V6ulxTRSDc

Thanks for that. Man, thats well fucked up. This totally passed me by. I hope Jeff gets his shit together.

One thing they need to sort out though us roode changing his music and attire, coming our with dollar signs on his trunks and being associated with having loads of money doesn't go with the blue collar gimmick he's got going on at the minute. Hopefully he has both them things changed at bound for glory.

I was wondering about that - Ian pointed out the lack of his own t-shirt, and you're right that the "money" thing doesn't fit.I can only assume that they'll launch a whole new range of Roode attire at BFG to coincide with his first title win.

Archived