Bobby Roode is fucking brilliant discussion

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bobby Roode Meets with Bobby Heenan

Bobby Roode and Ric Flair

and a bonus match - Bobby Roode v Tito Santana

He should bring back the robe once he's champ, he looks boss. Also, he's a cracking heel!

The situation with what will Storm do with Roode as champ, really brings to light how waster the TV title belt has been in my eyes.The belt starts to gain momentum at times like when Eric Young held it and the beggining of Rob Terrys reign. Then dropped into the background and back out with AJ holding it followed by doug to being a joke of a belt now on EY. If they had protected it then Storm could go off and run with that and have a feud with some other guys lacking direction. However if he goes for it now he will look like a tool for taking a comedy title seriously.

I admit I watched the entrances to that on Butch's spoiler and in front of that bigger crowd, they both looked like megastars. Bobby Roode's entrance - he's not got his own music, he's got no pyros, he's in generic trunks, and he STILL looks like a massive star when he comes out.IMO they should have established his own music and attire in this run-up to BFG as it would make his BFG entrance memorable, but I guess in a way that'd be giving away the result...?

• 3 weeks later...

So, Hogan has this to say on Facebook:

Goodmorning HULKAMANIACS,can't wait for all the Rood fans that turned to haters to see the big picture,thank God we still have real marks HH

Besides getting the spelling wrong, is he STILL working me after all these years? Is this going to be ok after all for Roode?

• 3 months later...

Thought I'd resurrect this thread, considering that the overriding feeling looking at all these videos of TNA in London, is of how huge a star Roode is starting to look like.

He looks scarily like HHH nowadays, but in a good way - he has a fucking ripped physique, he walks and moves like he's a big deal, he's good on the mike, his wrestling is par excellence, but also... he just that IT factor. In slomos he has that thing that guys like HHH, The Rock and so on have, where they just look fucking BOSS and larger than life. Like they're being lit better than everyone else.

Do you know what I mean?

Thought I'd resurrect this thread, considering that the overriding feeling looking at all these videos of TNA in London, is of how huge a star Roode is starting to look like.

He looks scarily like HHH nowadays, but in a good way - he has a fucking ripped physique, he walks and moves like he's a big deal, he's good on the mike, his wrestling is par excellence, but also... he just that IT factor. In slomos he has that thing that guys like HHH, The Rock and so on have, where they just look fucking BOSS and larger than life. Like they're being lit better than everyone else.

Do you know what I mean?

I agree with a lot of that, but good on the mic? This for me is what lets him down. He has a great look, but sounds very forced on the mic, almost unnatural with poor timing. This is highlighted particularly when he's up against adversaries that are far more comfortable with the stick.

I think the more practice he gets at talking, the better he will become.

• Paid Members

I went to the London show and while I'm somewhat aware of the goings on of TNA I haven't probably watched an episode of Impact since 2005 and not seen a single PPV. But I can safely say Roode looks like a million dollars. He just is exactly everything a main event professional wrestlers should present themselves as. He has the presence of a genuine Champion and carries himself like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He captured my imagination immediately.

EDIT: I thought he was great on the mic too, his "Hello Ireland!" line was gold.

Bully Ray looks like a proper heavyweight wrestler too now, for the first time in his career. He's still a big guy, but looks physically imposing more than out-of-shape. I imagine they work out together, and then run down the beach through the foam in short shorts.

I agree that Bobby's still learning on the mic, but he's definitely improving every month, and he's working with guys like Bully Ray who are the best in the business in some respects.

I genuinely think if you propelled Roode into the WWE right now with a Scott Steiner in 2002-style package and push, the WWE audience would get him instantly.

Archived