Bobby Roode is fucking brilliant discussion

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
I only hope that if he does win TNA book him to win clean wihtout all the usual distractions / bumps / outside interference. Just him and Angle in the ring with Roode winning and Angle shaking his hand after to give him even more of a rub

I'd just have him win clean on the night and be celebrating as the ppv goes off the air. The handshake can be saved for later. Have Angle challenge him to a rematch at the next ppv, claiming it was a fluke (but obviously make it clear it wasn't), then have Roode beat him clean again at the next ppv, and THEN do the handshake, angle can say he's earned his respect etc. Thats a bigger rub IMO, and doesn't take away from the moment of him winning the belt at BFG. Just let it all be about Roode's win.

(This is all providing TNA give him the belt, which giving Russo's love of screwy finishes they probably won't, or he'll turn heel for no apparent reason)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was championing Roode on here when he was still in Team Canada. Nice to see the bandwagon finally rolling!

Get fucked, egghead, where have you been the last 4 years! :laugh: I've been banging on about him since his first singles PPV match against Rhino, and I've had him in my sig numerous times. If anyone here is going to claim Bobby and his beautiful locks as his own, it's me ;) I watched the entirety of his abysmal feud with Eric Young and didn't give up the dream.

In all seriousness though, this is an absolutely golden opportunity for TNA and they've done everything right so far, so I have faith they will just go through with the plan and have Angle put him over. It's the obvious thing to do, it's the right thing to do. It would be madness to do anything else, surely?

I always liked Roode but lost a bit of interest during that period where Booker T tried to murder his whole career in cold blood. What changed it for me was when Nash said in a shoot interview what an awesome babyface he would be. As Beer Money quickly reached that New Age Outlaws point, I realised how right he was. The guy's the best 100% pure in-ring face outside of Cena in the whole industry I think. An incredible face when he's wrestling. He's not got Shawn's flamboyancy but he's got Bret's charisma, if you know what I mean. That's one of the biggest compliments I can pay him.

• Paid Members

I don't watch TNA, but Roode has looked like a star for years and he really looks the part even more so now. I think TNA can have a quality long-term feud to define the next generation in Roode VS Gunner. Gunner looked good from what I saw. Don't know what it was about him, but he just 'worked', y'know? Shit name though. And that's coming from an Arsenal fan.

Even it he wins the title, which i assume he will, he will lose it within 2 months and all this build up will be forgotton while various factions including all the usual suspects will be talking shit nobody understands and fighting for the meaningless strap of gold.

Good clip though, just a shame it will amount to shit.

I remember Kevin Nash a few years ago pimping Robert Roode, saying he fought him on alot of house shows and how great he was, saying he did the big Shawn Michaels comeback and he would be the man one day.

Yeah. I Was loving Bobby Roode before everyone thought it was cool too. Even with his Ravishing Robe and Traci brooks spell.Anyway a screwy finish at BFG would make Jesus, me and every other wrestling fan cry. Its just not right. All i wanna see is a clean finish, then James Storm hands him a beer and they celebrate with all the lads and his family.

Archived